Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
733D4B5C-1A45-4951-8DC8-A64FA43BF0C2.jpeg

Kind of hard to see in the daylight. But a section of my LED taillights went out. Is this an easy fix? Or would I have to go to the dealer? Curious what others have done in this situation before I start messing around with it myself

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Others have cracked open the housing and ran their own LED's to replace, but you've got to know what you are doing to get it right...

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Stress Cracks show up after a while from over tightening during assembly on some, maybe helped along with slamming, then water damage.

I purchased my 2013 used @67k and it was cracked. They knocked off $350.00. I found one on eBay from Quirk Parts for less.
I did the swap and found the OE nuts WAY too tight for the application. I installed the new one and torqued them down with care. There is a thick closed cell seal and all one needs to do is pull it down a bit.

While I was at it I found wireless a remote controlled latching switch from Monster LED and set it up so I could turn off my center section. Sometimes I just don't want to be that easy to spot or follow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts