Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Plug a scanner that can read all modules/codes into the car's OBD2 port and see if any codes are logged. There's several BCM (body control module) codes for the lights; including tail lamp control circuit (Bxxxx codes).

·
Registered
2014 Charger SE, 8-speed auto
8 Posts
Does your car just have a simple resonator delete that doesn't extend your exhaust pipes all the way out from underneath your vehicle? If this is your case then you might want to look at the wiring on the inside of your back bumper to see if they have not been melted by the exhaust heat and is shorting the circuit out. Especially if you have been hitting high speeds lately.
I know because I did this in my 2013 Charger I used to have lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does your car just have a simple resonator delete that doesn't extend your exhaust pipes all the way out from underneath your vehicle? If this is your case then you might want to look at the wiring on the inside of your back bumper to see if they have not been melted by the exhaust heat and is shorting the circuit out. Especially if you have been hitting high speeds lately.
I know because I did this in my 2013 Charger I used to have lol
yea im catless and mid delete with stock tips that’s probably what it is , how did you fix it

·
Registered
2014 Charger SE, 8-speed auto
8 Posts
I just did a quick fix which i really don't recommend but it did work for me. I kept my ghetto set up but installed some cheap autozone exhaust tips that redirected exhaust down towards the ground. In my case they wouldn't be visible anyways. Then I bought some liquid electrical tape and lifted car on jack stands and just tried my best to carefully separate each circuit then just started brushing the liquid tape all over each wire. I didn't quite separate each wire completely the first try and had to go back under and pull apart any suspect wires that might still be shorting out then brushed on some more liquid tape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts