Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i saw an 2007 srt8 charger for sale now i asked this before it has 39287 miles on it are those pretty good miles?:4-dontknow: Now they are asking $27,669 for it, realistic what would be a good price to talk this guy down to?:i_rolleyes: or do y'all think that is a good price?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I have benen looking at the SRT8's for sale mostly Super Bee's and they are running anywhere from 25K to 28K depending on milage. This car would be allowed to have 48,000 and still be considered normal milage so 39K is a plus. If you could get it for 25K I would say your are doing well as long as it is in excellent condition. Good Luck !!!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I agree with 25 grand....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
condition is a plus cause its in VA and they do 120 inspections on there cars..ok guys imma try to talk this guy down to 25k.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should i start up and let him come down on the price? like 22 and he comes down to 25

·
Registered
570 Posts
IDK if this helps with pricing.

Purchased my 2007 SRT8 2 years + 10 months ago, (car was <1 year old with 9k miles) from a Dodge/Chrysler dealer and paid 26.9K w/extended warranty out the door.

With depreciation and being a 2007 is now basically a 4 year old car, I would think 18-21K would be a fair price for all.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Wow, this little thread has been helpful to me also. I'm in the market for an '07 SRT as well. My local dealer has one with 41k miles on it. But, they want $28k for it. I'm not quite ready to move on anything quite yet. But, I've been doing a lot of research and thought this was a bit high for that kind of mileage. If they still have it when I'm ready to make an offer, they are definitely going to have to come down on that price. Thanks Z!

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
i saw an 2007 srt8 charger for sale now i asked this before it has 39287 miles on it are those pretty good miles?:4-dontknow: Now they are asking $27,669 for it, realistic what would be a good price to talk this guy down to?:i_rolleyes: or do y'all think that is a good price?
IMO, AUTOTRADER is the best place to look for a vehicle. You might have to go a few miles to get it, but you'll find some of the best deals on there, whether it be a private party or a dealership. You can find SRT8's with lower mileage than 39,xxx with a cheaper price. Don't be in hurry to purchase, the deals are out there, you just got to find them.

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
Wow, this little thread has been helpful to me also. I'm in the market for an '07 SRT as well. My local dealer has one with 41k miles on it. But, they want $28k for it. I'm not quite ready to move on anything quite yet. But, I've been doing a lot of research and thought this was a bit high for that kind of mileage. If they still have it when I'm ready to make an offer, they are definitely going to have to come down on that price. Thanks Z!

28 sounds way too steep for an 07 23-25 seems more the sweet spot

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Nearly 28k... way too much.

There are many good points in this post. If you really want an SRT8, goto autotrader, cars.com, vehix, etc.... and do searches there. I'd say $25k would be a decent price, but you should be able to do even better with some hunting/haggling.

On a used car I'd expect to buy it for about 10 percent less than what a dealer typically listed it for.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I depends on how far the owner is willing to be talked down...and how much are you willing to pay for it. The owner might want all he can get, and don't we all. You want to pay the least, and don't we all.

Somewhere there is a rainbow which you can both agree on. Like others have said, try low and then move up to where you both feel agreeable or comfortable with a compromised price. If he won't budge a few thousand try it in the hundreds. If it's worth it to you what difference does it make what others think. ;) But he's human like you so don't be afraid, just make an offer..Worse that can happen is he says 'no way'..then move up...slowly. Don't panic, don't make it about ego's either. :box2:

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I looked at this car and it's priced according to the KBB values right on the selling page. Hate torred red :eek: but it's an SRT..so if that's what you want. :4-dontknow:

If you wait till the 2011's come out in a few months, for another $6-10K you could get a new one. :hey:
A loaded 2012 (They're not going to be available in 2011) SRT will easily go for over $45k, not $38 to $42k. My 2008 stickered for over $45k, would've been about $46.5k w/ the rear-dvd... of course, I paid almost a third less than that, new. ;)

The internet is your friend. It gives you a HUGE advantage in looking around for deals, and putting dealers against one another. I helped my father-in-law get $8700 off MSRP of his new truck - $6700 was in rebates/EP, the other $2000 was from just wheeling and dealing on my part.

In the end, it's just money, but for most of us there is a difference in between what we want, and what we can afford. So getting the best deal available, and knowing how to get that deal, matters.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts