Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there is a Test & Tune comming up at richmond drags Oct 9th.

Anyone game for going Gates open up at 11a.m.

Oct 1st there is also a fri night street race? Don't know if I'll be able to make that one but I want to.

[url]http://richmonddragway.com/ver9/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/2010-racing-schedule1.pdf[/URL]

[url]http://richmonddragway.com/ver9/[/URL]

I'm going to look up denby's track and see what they have going on too.

[url]http://www.virginiamotorsports.com/drag/[/URL]

8 Oct. is streetwars there so that kinda works out to pic a day that weekend. This cracks me up below

What Is Friday Night Street Wars?

Street Wars is the perfect opportunity for the adrenaline junky, the occasional speed freak, or the beginner to take their car down the quarter mile. Street Wars is run on Friday nights and offers everyone an opportunity to test their skills on the dragstrip. Whether you want to run your parents station wagon, your brand new car, a restored hot rod, or grudge race your buddy for local bragging rights, VMP's Street Wars is the place for you. Take it off the street and put it on the strip every Friday night at Virginia Motorsports Park.

Sat oct. 9th is CLUB WARZZ. Club with the most members win!!!! Can the forumZZZ take it????

Saturday October 9

So anyone up for cruising to one of the tracks???

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if I end up going Sat it will prolly be Richmond, as they open up early. I need to be back that night to head in to Portsmouth for an appt. spending the night at the hospital.

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
if it all works out like it should, I'll be heading up Friday to Richmond Drags for

Oct 1 Fri AED Performance Friday Nite Street Race 5 pm

Anyone else interested, I know Brian (edge, orange superbee) said he and another were also planning heading up there. If I go I'll be bringing a video camera and prolly a tripod if someone wants to be video guy or gal.

Here's the rules, looks like I'll need a helmet as I should be able to be below 13.99? Great what type of helmet?

AED Performance Friday Night Street Shootout Series

Welcome to the AED Performance Friday Night Street Shootout Series. These events are for Street Legal Cars and Motorcycles only. No Racecars allowed. RD hosts this series to accomodate racers in a fun, safe and legal racing environment.

Entering the Street Shootout Series is easy, admission is just $10 to watch, $15 to race. Fill out the Tech Card, and report to the tech area (located next to the Sunoco Fuel Station). An inspector will give your car a quick safety inspection and assign you a number. You are ready to make practice runs or match race your friends and family. If you want to race a particular car, notify the rear of staging official and he/she will direct you to the proper lane.​
Schedule - Gates open at 5 pm, runs from 6-10 pm, tech closes at 9 pm and lanes close at 9:40 pm.
Admission - $10 to watch and just $5 more to race!
Street Car Rules:
-Batteries must be mounted
-No delay boxes, trans brakes, dual line locks, air shifters or two steps (2-steps ok with manual transmissions)
-Mufflers are required (exhaust must at least extend to the back edge of the driver’s door).
- Helmets are required in 13.99 and quicker cars
- Working head lights and brake lights are required.
- Long pants are required
-Nitrous is permitted
- Seat Belts are required
- Slicks are permitted, must have a drive shaft loop on RWD vehicles
- All vehicles must have hoods
- No lexan windows permitted. All windows must be OEM glass (trucks with roll cages may have rear lexan windows)
-Front and rear bumpers are required on all vehicles
-Tube chassis cars are permitted only if vehicle has current tags, registration, inspection and insurance (all proof must be presented at tech each event).
Street Bike Rules
-No Wheelie Bars
-Working headlight and brake light
- Tags are required (does not have to be current)
-Rider must have shoes above ankles, leather gloves, Snell 95 or higher helmet, leather jacket and leather pants for ALL BIKES!
- Open to all 14.99 and quicker bikes only.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts