Dodge Charger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts
Nanny Car. No Thanks

If I wanted my car to watch out for me I'd buy a Buick. Most of the time I don't touch the ESP Button. But, why have all the torque if you can't throw the tail out once in a while. Anybody see "CARS"? Didn't Doc Hudson say "Gotta turn right to go left"? Gotta love it.

Anybody know if defeating the computer records an error code in memory? It might prompt your dealer to want to "FIX" your car and you next service.

I thought the same thing texasrt. Apparently, it only gets us around 50% of free tire spin. The computer is still there bcuz it knows how stupid the drivers can get and won’t give us true “No ESP”. Kinda shi##y if you ask me. That explains the countless "No ESP" mods i see on peoples threads and signatures.

For all those reading this thread, I would suggest you switch to this thread:
<no need, thread merged>

That will save ALOT of wasted bandwidth with everyone repeating the same thing in two threads.

:edited:Thanks pe0n or DartBoy for merging the threads!

I shall try it when I go to dinner. I didn't realize the starter wouldn't engage if the car is already started.
It won't engage if in DRIVE.... I'm not sure I'd try that in PARK... besides, you have to be moving for the "mod" to work. It may very well not engage at all if the car is running, but I'm not trying it in park!!

(was 2 post on same subject Thread Merged)

is this taking juice off the alternator or restting system somehow?? does it turn off headlights or anything? dont know if I wanna try it with the aftermarket stereo and all ...hate to have something blow... I'll wait abit and see what other think or if any problems from it..... its a great find if all goes well....

ESP sucks.ESP must die!
Well, I'm afraid I have my own opinion... :box2:

Three days into my new car, I had the scare of a lifetime, in a split second I feared I was going to lose my new car... was behind a Camaro/Firebird type car and it plowed into a young kid on a bike at an intersection. I had to do one of those split second manuevers and yanked the wheel to go around everything. Wet pavement, car went into a fishtail and I figured this was it for the car... it felt like God had taken the wheel away from me and the car smoothly straightened out...

Well, I'm pretty sure God had nothing to do with saving my car, 'HAL' took over and brought me out of the skid.

The only thing God did that day was look over the 8 year old on the bike who suffered only a bruised leg... the bike was mangled as well as the front end of the Camaro.

Moral: There is a time and place to turn ESP partially or totally off. I for one will leave it on 99% of the time.

I like the ESP as well...but I am somewhat dissapointed in a few things from Dodge. Let us have our fun when when want to like a total disable of the ESP in all models and the lifting of the speed limiter as well. I bought this car to have fun and I keep getting limited on all the stuff I want to have fun with. Dodge folks! LET US HAVE OUR FUN AS WELL AS BEING SAFE. Sometimes I think it's a shame all this horsepower and not being able to use it with out having to spend even more cash on mods. JMO

DOn't know what happened, but I tried it today, but I was in Drive by mistake, now my rear windows don't move! I can't put them down. LOL Hopefully I can fiddle with the switches and see if I can them to work.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.