Dodge Charger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts
I tried this yesterday. It worked. I had to make a wide U-turn, half way through I nailed it and had to correct because it was trying to swamp ends on me. I never let out and the tires kept spinning and the engine never bogged. Nice trick.

I have an '06 RT - doesn't work for me. The best I got was an airbag light for a second. Beyond that - no go.:(

yep tried this myself and nothing.... which is fine by me... if I wanna smoke em ALOT ....just hitting the switch ....they smoke REAL GOOD!! I honestly would rather have the ESP on when normal driving...its not my driving that worries me its alot of the stupid drivers out there....never know when ya have to react and if I have to swerve to avoid something I dont want to do a 180 or a major fish tail...

Aybody else have this happen?

I did the key off thing a couple of time in the last few days. Now my drivers window will automatically go down like it should but it won't auto up. I have to hold the switch. I wonder if this is caused by the "ESP" error that is caused by turning the key in drive? Anybody else have strange things happening?

Try the RESET procedure:

Any time the vehicle battery is disconnected, or goes
dead, the auto-up function will be disabled. To reactivate
the auto-up feature, perform the following steps after
vehicle power is restored:
1. Pull the window switch up to close window completely
and continue to hold the switch up for an
additional two seconds after the window is closed.
2. Push the window switch down firmly to the second
detent to open the window completely and continue to
hold the switch down for an additional two seconds after​
the window is fully open.

As for other problems, another member lost up/down on both back windows, but we aren't sure if it was related or coincidence. We think his rear window regulators are toast, a known problem on '06 Chargers.

Try the RESET procedure:

Any time the vehicle battery is disconnected, or goes
dead, the auto-up function will be disabled. To reactivate
the auto-up feature, perform the following steps after
vehicle power is restored:
1. Pull the window switch up to close window completely
and continue to hold the switch up for an
additional two seconds after the window is closed.
2. Push the window switch down firmly to the second
detent to open the window completely and continue to
hold the switch down for an additional two seconds after​
the window is fully open.

As for other problems, another member lost up/down on both back windows, but we aren't sure if it was related or coincidence. We think his rear window regulators are toast, a known problem on '06 Chargers.

It would be nice if there was a sticky "How-to" section to place that in for future easy access. ;)

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

I thought for sure I'd broken my car. Thank you so much. It worked must as you said. We really do need a trick and tips section. I don't know if I'd have found it though. How many things are there like this? Until 3 years ago I drove the same 1965 Valiant that I took my driving test in in 1974. These new cars are cool. I used to say that America stopped making cars in 1973. I bought my Charger because is was like the old days. Now I'm finding all kinds of cool things about this car. I LOVE IT.

This is what I have learned so far....
It only works on cars with a build date of May/June 06 or later. My build date is 07/06. If you are unsure of your build date look at your sticker on the drivers door. This works on R/T's as well as long as the build date is later than the dates above. This will not work if the car is stopped. It only works if you are rolling down the road in drive. I have used it several times and have not thrown any codes or had any problems. After you turn the car off it goes back to normal. When you turn the key, the BAS and ESP lights come on along with the "Mr. Squiggles" light. It disables the system 100%. If it didn't, I wouldnt be able to roast my tires and put my car sideways around a corner. I have never been able to that before with ESP turned off.

If you are afraid of hurting your car then just do the toggle switch mod, i did it on mine and it has the cool toggle switch, dont have to worry about moving or what not, just flip the switch and woohooo! It only costs about 10 bucks if you have wire strippers and electrical tape already.

Okay!!! I am all about the FREE Mods and was a little nervous about trying this one but I did on the way home from work and WOW!!!! I can actually feel the difference in take-off, and it seems like the car is a little loose. it was fun BUT something I will not do on a regular basis.

Thanks again brothers!!

got my car in late dec of '05 ((christmas present to myself) as an '06 model, don't know when it was built tho. the no-esp didn't work for me. after 20 seconds, the airbag guy pops up, but no squiggly guy! just putting that out there for and fyi, and i have a SE 3.5L. hope this mod works for others.

question...

ok so i still havent installed my no esp mod that i got from noesp.com
because i really dont want to void my warranty

i tried the 3 second procedure and it worked great

is this the same as the module that i bought for $50??
if so i will return the chip

free mods are always nice!

Forgive me for not reading six pages deep... Does this work on builds dated in the '05's MY date was 05/05!!!! wow! I tried it and it did not work. But I have the noesp mod so it was more for kicks than anything.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.