Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, UPS delivered my Intake Manifold to Nitrous Outlet for my Direct Port injection.......

The bad news is it cracked during shipping :O

Its heart breaking because its just another delay on getting me back to the track but I guess I have to look at the positives, its the last piece of FRI junk I had in my car.

I guess I could probably get another cheap one made by Steve Frank but I think he closed up shop and works from home

On Friday, Lisa ordered me a new Arrington Stage II Ported Intake with a 90mm port Match. I guess things happen for a reason, I think this intake will be alot better then what I had before..... but I guess it adds another few weeks to my completion date. Hopefully I'll be ready to run early Nov.

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did they literally drop ship it? lol

LOL, sure looks like it to me..... The cracks arent too bad but I dont like the one which spider crack up inside the runner.....

UPS Claim. Had it insured for $3K so Im covered with the new one

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
That's the way to do it!! That's all you need is a crack with 350 shot! Then you be getting a new intake and hood! lol

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Good call on the insurance!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Glad to see you got it insured. I've seen many of them crack during shipping. When I sent mine to Pro Flow, I even used an old blanket to stuff in there with it.

Good luck on the new intake. I know you'll be very happy with it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
wow 3k insurance...guess you were expecting it to get damaged...hehe

Why don't you just use the sheet metal intake now?

·
Registered
6,422 Posts

That sheet metal intake looks mean as hell. I haven't seen one on a car yet, though.
Oh, and I love Frank's new "house" boat. LMAO!

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
Sucks dan, so are you going to get rid of your existing TB?

Did you ever get rid of that franks cam?

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
Yep but he still has one of Franks tomohawk cam laying around. Just curious if he ever got that sucker sold. I'm sure he could find someone to buy it.

I think he's running an Arrington cam, now.

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
Sorry to see that, the only good way to ship them is to bolt them down to a 3/4 piece of plywood but I don't think anyone is doing that. But like you said it happen for a risen and that Arrington is gonna be a killer intake.

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

lol, before I shipped it I looked at the replacement cost.....

My intake was probably worth around $2500 by the time you buy one, my port job, powdercoat, and additional machine work I had with it.....

I think tihe sheet metal intakes are great for high boost apps but I want something that will keep my NA power up when Im not spraying

Sucks dan, so are you going to get rid of your existing TB?

Did you ever get rid of that franks cam?
Nah, I have 2 FRI cams on the shelf....... I think I might add a plunger rubber bottom and leave them by my toilets:D

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
LMAO, thats pretty damn funny.
TFF! I would never have thought they could break that easily, thanks for the heads up!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts