Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I haven't searched the forum yet. New here and this post may / should be in another forum ?.

Bought the Charger with 48k on it in early 2015. At 85k the cel finally came on. Cyl mis fire #3. Close, sounded like #5. Fortunately the 100k Warrentee transed to me so the dealer covered it all. But in any case. At 220k its back. Sounds like #2 or 4 this time.

I took it back to the dealer but the guy may have been trying to blow me off since he said they have 3 trucks and a charger all waiting for lifters still on back order. I'm like seriously dude ! Its been 4 years since I was here for that last time and Dodge is still having lifter issuses ? smh...

I have rebuilt a couple small blocks in the past and am capable of doing the job myself. Just not looking forward to it.

So the first question is, and this doesn't look good as a first question but oh well.

How in the hell do you get that 5/16- 8mm bolt out , lower, very back, passenger side on the valve cover ? What did you use ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
On my 6.1 I used a u joint on a short socket then a long extention I think,,,,,it wasn't easy.. had to move the AC lines at the same time... I used all 1/4 inch tools.. Dealer told me they had to remove the engine mount ….. pfff I did my valve cover gaskets awhile back...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, ya dealer always making one think there getting there moneys worth.

Ya 1/4 drive stuff. The AC lines are in the way, but this is the other side , far back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts