(Pics are crappy, I know)

The Challenge:

Washing, claying, and waxing a Dodge Magnum:

Wait - make that two:

Items at hand:

Luckily I had some help from my trusty assistant:

OK let's get started:

Time for the magic eraser:

This was my first time ever using it - man it's awesome to feel and see the contaminants picked up into the clay and feel how smooth the surface is afterwards.

·
PLS EMAIL INSTEAD OF PM
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All done:

RT back in the garage:

And the SRT parked in the driveway:

And:

I'm beat.

Lessons learned:

I started too late in the day but was busy all day so didn't have a chance to do it earlier. Maybe I should have waited. It was hard to do the wax properly as I couldn't see a thing when cleaning it afterwards. Doing two cars in one shot means I now need a right arm transplant asap.

I also take horrific photographs at night time/in night time lighting conditions. I need to work on that.

All in all good fun and my son loves washing the cars and I got to take them both out for a little spin back to back.

·
Getting back in the game!
37,448 Posts
Looks great, bro! Man, it took me 2 days to do both of our Chargers! :eek: That's a lot of work in a short time. That clay is something else! :TU:

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Looks great bro, it always amazes me the amount of crap that comes off the paint everytime I clay bar it.. They always looks so nice though when finished..:TU:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did mine back in April to get her all waxed up after the snow and ice, it took me and a friend about 4-5 hours to clay and re-wax the car.

Lesson learned from that ordeal:

Friends will always remind you of that torture and ask for you to pay for the beer....

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Looks great!! Love the feeling of a freshly washed and waxed car!!

·
PLS EMAIL INSTEAD OF PM
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys

OK daylight again so took a few more pics. It really came out pretty well but with more time and more experience it will be better:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice job! Looks great!

But you're scaring me with how close those unsecured shopping carts were to your freshly waxed paint! :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts