Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I finally got the chance to stretch out the leg on my Daytona 392. Rolling good till around 125mph I started getting Shakes in the front end and backed it down. Thinking it was the segment of the highway I was on, I got on it again with the same results. I read in another forum that someone with the same issue found it to be the after market front splitter being warped. I have one on my car.

Has anyone else had this issue? Was it the front Splitter or something else?

Please Help!!! I Wanna Go Fast!!! Safely

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I would check tire balance. Is the shake in the steering wheel (front tires) or seats (rear tires)?
Could be a weak leaked out strut or shock. Splitter is a new one on me.

Reactions: Leo

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
If not tire balance, then it is the splitter causing it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since it only happens at speeds over 120 I haven't had a chance to get the tires rebalance yet. Does anyone have experience with "On Vehicle High Speed Balancing"? Cost vs Worh.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Get them road force balanced and tell them you have an upper speed (over 85)vibration and to look for tire anolomolies.
Reqest them to please attempt to get the lowest number possible. There is a range of acceptance, ask them to not settle for that.
Ask if they need more money for it. Most don't, and most accept being inside the range.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yep ^^^^^. got a wheel and tar package from tire rack....they did a shi!!y balance job and I had a high frequency vibration in the steering wheel over 60...got the fronts road force balanced and problem gone...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts