Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, I know this is random and not a mod....well its an unfortunate mod anway, hahaha. So I spilled a cup that had a cigar in water on my carpet and I CANNOT get the stinking smell out! I have even pulled my seat and shampooed the carpet! Is there any amazing smell remover that you guys know of? Of different carpet cleaner? I have sprayed about a half a bottle of febreeze on it and it still remains.... No more cigars in the car, ever.

·
Registered
231 Posts
maybe some pet stain remover or something like that. if its strong enough to take out pee smell, may be strong enough to knock out the cigar smell

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
One of two things that will work.
Not sure what color your carpets are, baking soda, and let it sit for a good day, and vacuum it up. But that can leave a little white residue. Or dry coffee grinds, same, let it sit for a good day and vacuum it up.
Vinegar is also a good odor remover, and after it dries the salad smell will go away. Good Luck!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Hope the top two comments help you. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
ive read where u can take white vinegar put it in a bowl and let it sit in the car overnight supposed to take smells out,ive never tried it so i dont know if it works.

·
Registered
328 Posts
STOP SMOKING IN THE CAR.. As an exsmoker I have done same. Go to petsmart and get a pet neutralizer for the carpet, You want something with enzymes.. Good luck

·
Registered
917 Posts
Baking soda is a good one. Other than that make sure everything gets real dry. If you can get crushed charcoal that is better. I think you can get it at hardware stores. Just say you need the crushed charcoal for odor removal. Some grocery stores have it now as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts