Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've been one to enjoy my car's rear without a spoiler, but as of late I'm leaning towards a new idea. I'm thinking of putting a red SRT spoiler on my black Charger, but I have no idea how it will actually look. Either it will look terrible, or it'll look great but I need opinions! I'm thinking of going with a black painted spoiler rather than a red one, and then sticking some vinyl on it just in case I don't like it.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
Your right, its either going to look great or really bad. I'd be afraid it will look like you grabbed a salvage yard spoiler and just haven't gotten it painted yet.
I think you may have to throw some red somewhere else on the car to make it work.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Your right, its either going to look great or really bad. I'd be afraid it will look like you grabbed a salvage yard spoiler and just haven't gotten it painted yet.
I think you may have to throw some red somewhere else on the car to make it work.
x2, if you want the spoiler red, there has to be red somewhere else on the exterior or else it would look funny and out out of place IMO.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Im painting the picture of the red spoiler in my head and its just not doing it for me. I think you have a great idea to try red vinyl first to see if you like it before you paint it. GL!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention I've got red calipers on, and I'm definitely going to put some red vinyl on the car, while I might black out the rims and I've already got the red interior. Not sure what to go with, I'm afraid the red vinyl would look out of place and the spoiler might look like a cheap salvage yard one.

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
Other color cars have been black topping for years, there's no reason a black car cant do a reverse blacktop with a different color. You just have to do it all the way.
I used to assume blacktop cars were repaired vehicles that just hadn't gotten painted yet. Til I realized it was a new modding rage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts