Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed our there factory Throttle Body on their 6.4L hemi? Just received my AFE Momentum GT Cold Air Intake from Fast Hemis. I am thinking about changing throttle body to a larger one. Just wondering if any one has done that and what results were seen and who you may have purchased one from
Thanks
chiefgb

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sold. How easy you figure it will be to open the box and clean the filter? Sorry to derail your thread though.
It fairly easy. just have to take the top bolt out screw out that holds the box to the body and loosen the strap that holds the air duct and it opens. Just takes a little patience. BTW filter is oil free.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Has anyone changed our there factory Throttle Body on their 6.4L hemi? Just received my AFE Momentum GT Cold Air Intake from Fast Hemis. I am thinking about changing throttle body to a larger one. Just wondering if any one has done that and what results were seen and who you may have purchased one from
Thanks
chiefgb
So I have the factory CAI that came with my Daytona 392. Would the AFE be an upgrade or stay with what I got

·
Premium Member
6,736 Posts
Attached is a picture of it installed. This was easy to put in. Highly recommend it above all others. This unit is enclosed and keeps out all the heat. I can tell the difference. Compared to stock air box the amount of air coming into the engine is night and day.
That was his message above rusty. Sounds like an upgrade

·
Registered
602 Posts
20190628_191306.jpg
That was his message above rusty. Sounds like an upgrade
But his had the enclosed factory air box assembly where as mine is an actual CAI from mopar but factory installed. Not going to lie but I'm ignorant when it comes to some of this stuff but am open minded and not afraid to listen to what others say

·
Premium Member
6,736 Posts
You're probably good to roll with what you've got then. Don't see where there would be much difference to justify the purchase. Both are better than the factory box.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts