Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the base model 2.7L '06 Charger.
Replaced the EGR valve, MAP sensor, and throttle body. I've tried resetting the CPU for the throttle body but it keeps giving me the lightning bolt dash light every time until it do the 'reset'. Then I have no problems. The only code I am getting it the P0108 "manifold absolute pressure barometric pressure circuit high."
I've spent a few hours trying to solve this issue and cant seem to find a solid answer. The only thing that I've seen that might remotely help would be a new EGR valve gasket but would that give off the P0108 code? Or maybe I'm not resetting it right?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd maybe second the bad MAP sensor, to a certain extent. Try reinstalling the old one and see what happens.
Throttle body: there are two parts to this system. Gas pedal and throttle body. They have to sync together and most likely is the problem. Again, factory parts are best. Used factory(known good), is better than new whatever brand in most cases. I'd look at replacing the pedal too. Theres 3 redundant circuits between the two and any hiccup will cause problems.
EGR valve: there are 3 gaskets to this system. EGR-head, EGR-tube, tube to intake.
EGR to head is pretty much straight forward. Leave bolts slightly loose until whole system is assembled in position.
EGR-tube straight forward but leave slightly loose. They don't list the gasket for 2.7's but do for 3.5's. Same exact gasket.
Tube-manifold is a little more complicated. It is typically a blue cupped ring. The hollow part of the cup should face outwards. Also, only install it to the first step on the tube. Not all the way to the back.
The easiest way to install is to remove the intake. Leaving everything loose so that it can float into position is the best way for a good fit. To install the tube into the intake, tilt the intake up at the front and work/wiggle the tube into the intake. Sometimes a few love taps with a hammer are helpful. Tighten intake, then tighten the EGR valve. Then tighten the tube to EGR valve. Make sure blue tube to intake seal is in the proper position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts