Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking to buy a high-flow throttle body for my 2006 5.7 Hemi charger RT and wondering if I need to upgrade my CAI for size reasons? im looking to get between 90-102mm throttle body as mine right now stock is 80mm. I have a K&N 57 series CAI on along with 3" SS straight pipes. My question is would a 90-102mm fit with what I currently have ? also looking into upgrading my intake manifold next step.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
1. No, because where the intake piping attaches is the same size. Size difference is measured internally.
2. Why on earth do you want a TB that big on a stock pre-eagle 5.7? You realize that a stock Hellcat TB is only 90mm, right.....? Stock 392 TB is the same size as any stock 5.7 TB; there is a reason for this. Your engine couldn't ever take in and use the air it could provide. Any difference that MIGHT happen will not be worth the $$ you're gonna pay for it. Also any TB 90mm and up you'd need an adapter to use as it is too big for the manifold neck.... 🤦‍♂️
3. No point in upgrading intake manifold unless you plan to at least cam it. The stock manifold matches the power curve of the stock cam very well. Stock pre-eagle cam is already falling over before you get to top end on any other available intake. This isn't the old days.
4. This sounds like mass internet reading. Was this part of an overall plan or lotsa interwebs reading about how you absolutely need these parts lol?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts