Dodge Charger Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
WOW, it seems like I am not alone with this painful issue.

I was reading this post about a noise valve train on a 6.4 engine and I have a similar issue. I have done the MMX Cam and Johnson lifters. My valve train makes more noise than it ever has. I am worried to even let it run for long. I also after installing the push rods that came with the MMX kit which we were told were to long. I then pulled them and measured for custom pushrods and installed them. I still have a terrible noise. Did anyone run into any problems during your install that might be helpful?

Thanks
Eric

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Rotten luck. At over 130k miles on my 2013 I changed out the lifters, pushrods, springs, and valve stem seals and she is silent. All Mopar parts and kept the MDS lifters (not good to run non-MDS on MDS cam) but have it tuned out. She was silent before and after. She runs tick free.

I would be questioning the Johnson Lifters. They make lots of variants. Another thing I would check is the rocker arm tube. It can be deformed if tightened down wrongly out of sequence. Roll them on a mirror, granite, or ........

I would be pretty much livid in your boat. I feel for you and hope to read of the culprit soon.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts