Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 charger sxt 3.5 the dealer says i need a new hydraulic tensioner the only thing i can find is a timing tensioner is it the same thing and does anyone know where to get one or have a picture of what it looks like thanks.. the dealer wants 150 for it i found one at napa for 50 but idk if there the same thing... any help please

·
Registered
663 Posts
I would check with speedlogix, I know they have a replacement HEMI tensioner.

·
H-D 883 IRON
12,781 Posts
i have a 2006 charger sxt 3.5 the dealer says i need a new hydraulic tensioner the only thing i can find is a timing tensioner is it the same thing and does anyone know where to get one or have a picture of what it looks like thanks.. the dealer wants 150 for it i found one at napa for 50 but idk if there the same thing... any help please

There are 2 tensioners. One is the acccessory belt tensioner. It is on the front of the engine and is not hydraulic. This is the one Speedlogix has an upgrade for.
The 2nd one is the timing belt tensioner. This is a hydraulic unit and is located behind the timing cover. Make sure of which one the deealer is talking about.
If it's the timing belt tensioner I would also change the timing belt since you will be right there. You also have to make sure you properly line up your timing marks before releasing the pin from the tensioner.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i went to the dealer and they told me the one, im gonna change both tensioners since im changing my timing belt and water pump

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you know where i can get the hydraulic tensioner the dealer has one for 150 ive seen some replacement ones for 80 i want a new one im just wondering if any other place sells them or has upgraded ones thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts