Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just looking for an update on using bigger tires from you guys that have made the switch a while ago. I'm still on the stock 235/55/19s, but it sounds like 255s and maybe some 265s might work.

What's your experience been like so far after going to a wider tire?

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
You don't really wanna go past a 245 on a 7.5" wide wheel. 255 is just about perfect on an actual 8" wide wheel. You're going to get too much sidewall bulge at 255 and even worse with a 265.

·
Registered
910 Posts
That sounds like a strange size and the diameter is a little big compared to other sizes. Tire Rack doesn't show that size on your car either.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please forgive my tire ignorance, but assuming either 255s or 265 will even fit on an AWD Charger, what wheel width will I need? Or should I stick with upgrading to 245s and call it a day?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Ideally at least an 8" wide wheel for 255's, 8.5" would be better and would handle 265's no problem. Your issue will be finding wheels that wide that properly fit an AWD. So cheap way out, go with 245's as close to your original overall height as possible. Other option is look for aftermarket wheels in the size you want and offset you need (the important part), then pick a tire to match.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Please forgive my tire ignorance, but assuming either 255s or 265 will even fit on an AWD Charger, what wheel width will I need? Or should I stick with upgrading to 245s and call it a day?
Are you sizing up for traction/ appearance/ other? I run 235s year-round on my AWD RT Plus, and it always grips great. That's one thing I love about the AWD Hemis. No need to raise the tire size for traction. I'd say just run options that fit your stock rims, but that's just my 2 pence!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts