Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Continental DSW06 or Firestone Firehawk Indy 500?

Who has the good the bad and the ugly between the two? Handling, hooking ECT..

They'll be going on a '17 Scat Pack Charger
275's

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I have the Indy 500's on my Charger and I've been happy with them. I just drove my car on the Watkins Glen road course a couple of weeks ago and the new tires had much more grip than the OEM Firehawk GT all-season tires. Of course, I don't have the Conti's, so I can't directly compare the two.

·
Registered
948 Posts
$25 or more per tire for the DSW. Probably more because Firestone will sell the Indy for $180, maybe a little less.
The DSW is an all season tire, the 500 is summer only.

I am getting the Indy 500s real soon. I already got a quote from Firestone, I'm just trying to use the rest of the factory tires before I go.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had DWS06's on my old 2012 charger. They were great but it was also the v6 so it was a challenge to break the tires anyway unless it was wet. I was happy with them. Now I have 275 Indy 500's on my new charger and they hook immediately with the 5.7 unlike stocks. It was too easy to break traction on stocks. Cornering feels strong and confident as well and the car seems to roll smoother and quieter. I think since you have the 6.4 I'd go with the 500's personally. The sticky tire compound will make it worth being able to use all your power than an all season would.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you haven't considered Atturo tires, keep them in mind. These are tires at a discount. They are summer tires and I know some of the guys in our local Chargers group are running them but I have no personal experience with them. They can be bought from Walmart in the 275/40R20 106Y size for $105 each plus the usual mounting and balancing charges.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Atturo-A...Q6YYGRtx5PeEqgadesQTNv65XxTjXXkEaAiwDEALw_wcB

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the DSW's on a previous car, they were good, but on the louder side.

As specified previously they are an all season tire,
I would say go for the 500s if you have no need for all seasons

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm freaking out right now. My car is up on the rack and the tire guy called me out to confirm I wanted to put the 275/40s on the Scat. They can't take them back as new once mounted. I said "Yeah, a bunch of guys on the internet say they fit with no problem...":eek:

·
Registered
948 Posts
It was nothing to worry about. Tires look great. Initial driving feel is great, but it should when replacing worn out tires. The 275/40 Indy 500s aren't really any wider than the factory GY 245/45s. The tread block shoulder on the Indys are wider than the GY.
In the first pic you will notice how wide the rim guard bead and sidewall are on the GY and then how it tapers back above the siping band. The second pic shows how the Indy just goes straight up.

·
Registered
948 Posts
And on top of the great look and feel, Firestone dropped the price even more. OTD online quote was $790. When I went I to the store to schedule the appointment, the service writer dropped it to $780 OTD.
I knew I probably needed an alignment, so even after the $70 add on, the final bill was $823. The service writer that did the final Inspection and parked the Scat Pack was digging it:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
If it’s not too much trouble could you look at the fine print on the sidewall to see the country it’s made in? I know our cars are Canadian and I’m ok with that as it’s still union made and on the UAW approved list. When it comes to tires, I like to buy American made, it’s just too much money to send overseas. Don’t even get me started on how hard it is to shop for household appliances. And since I’m posting the question I had to look at my own (they’re the ones on it when I bought it but I was surprised) so when I say fine print you know what to look for.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts