Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed two Nitto P315/35R20's on 10.5" rims on the rear of my Scat Pack. I also installed one 3mm hubcentric spacer on each side. I took them off after 6 hours to inspect them and everything looked good. There was no rubbing. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if they had any issues. I can say that the tires hook a heck of a lot better than my 275's!!
Screenshot_20190325-225416.png Screenshot_20190325-225524.png Screenshot_20190325-225643.png Screenshot_20190325-225728.png

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Dang man, thats some serious meat. Post photo from the rear for full effect. I'm not a fan of spacers myself and somes states where they have annual inspections, they're illegal, but with the size your using I wouldn't even think twice about issues.

Looks like a nice combo. I think someday If i pull the trigger on a set of staggered wheels, I'd probably do something like you did with the 315's in the rear, 275's up front.

Reactions: FearTheBee2

·
5,990 Posts
My car is lowered about 1.5" with Eibach springs and dampers. I tried that combo (minus the spacers) and mine rubbed. I'm not sure why you would want a spacer with that setup, but to each his own.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car is lowered about 1.5" with Eibach springs and dampers. I tried that combo (minus the spacers) and mine rubbed. I'm not sure why you would want a spacer with that setup, but to each his own.
Mine doesn't rub but I was told if I hit a bump hard, it will rub and to use the 3 mm spacer. I will reinspect it in a few days to see if it's an issue. I don't won't to have to use those 1" bolt on spacers.

·
5,990 Posts
That's weird because with spacers it would have been worse for me. Maybe there's a difference in the wheel wells between a 2011 and a 2018.

·
Registered
93 Posts
like stevens 12 said... not a fan of spacers, will never put them on my cars again. yeah, 315 is a lot of rubber on the road. i did 295 out back, 305 was the highest i would consider but the 295 is proving to be a great choice. would also like to see pics.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So here's a picture of the rear of my vehicle. Inspected it again today and no rubbing. What's great about having a 3mm spacer is the rim still has plenty of room to grab onto the center hub. It's working great and these tires really hook!

PhotoEditor_20190328_195718811.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
nice... makes the rea
So here's a picture of the rear of my vehicle. Inspected it again today and no rubbing. What's great about having a 3mm spacer is the rim still has plenty of room to grab onto the center hub. It's working great and these tires really hook!

View attachment 90694
makes the rear of the car look more aggressive... nice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
just picked up a triple nickel Daytona and gave the other rt to wifey. 15% tint all around, 5% for windshield strip and sunroof. added asanti black label abl 13. need to change my sig pic.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Mine doesn't rub but I was told if I hit a bump hard, it will rub and to use the 3 mm spacer. I will reinspect it in a few days to see if it's an issue. I don't won't to have to use those 1" bolt on spacers.
Look like you got some angus in the back....lol

Looks real good bro!

Love dat beefy look!

Reactions: FearTheBee2

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Follow up: So it's been 4 months since I installed the two (2) Nitto G2 P315/35R20's on the rear of my Scat Pack. The tires have been working out well. I removed the tires and inspected the wheel wells - no rubbing found. My 0 to 60 times have decreased as well from 4.6 to 4.2 seconds on level grade. Funny note: The first time I ran 0 to 60 with these tires, I hit 3.9 seconds and was ecstatic until I realized the roadway had a small declination indiscernible to the human eye. My 1/4 mile track times increased as well from 12.6 to 12.2 seconds.

Reactions: Leo

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the same tire set up on the rear of my Daytona 392. I do not have any rubbing and I do not have spacers. Ferrada FR2 20 x 10.5.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the same tire set up on the rear of my Daytona 392. I do not have any rubbing and I do not have spacers. Ferrada FR2 20 x 10.5.
It all depends on which tires you plan to use. Some manufacturer's tires, even if marked the same tire size, are a little bigger.

Reactions: Leo

·
Read Only
255 Posts
I’m thinking about getting some Demon replicas with some 10.5’s out back. Would those 315’s rub on my base R/T? I wouldn’t think so. Any ideas what the widest fronts on the 20x9.5’s that won’t rub?

·
Registered
174 Posts
275 in the front, for the 315 in the rear I think you will need a 2mm spacer and also you'll have to heat the plastic and beat in the metal ribs a bit... Sounds bad but it's okay, Do a YouTube search you can see some vids... Also, some manufacturers run wider than others, I hear good things about the Conti extreme contact not rubbing, also the nitto 555 flavors are mentioned as not rubbing I believe... I personally think you'll have to trial and error it out a bit but it will work with some gently negotiating...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts