Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
Like the title says my factory tires are starting to get much more worn on the outside of the front tires. So other than an alignment are these cars known to have ball joint problems, or is there anything else I should check to see thats worn out? I plan on doing the work myself. Just not the alignment. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I think the front ends on these cars are pretty good. My Charger R/T has 131,000 miles on it and only had one new alignment since 2013. The tires still wear evenly.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I think the front ends on these cars are pretty good. My Charger R/T has 131,000 miles on it and only had one new alignment since 2013. The tires still wear evenly.
Same here, 72K on the clock and not a single alignment issue...though these cars are notorious for bad camber issues, but haven't had any issues w/mine!

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Excessive positive camber can cause tread wear on the outside of the tire. An alignment check at a reputable alignment shop will determine if the alignment is out of spec.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
have you rotated your tires?
No I never bothered to. (bad on me, I know). However I just purchased a new set of Firestone Indy 500 from Tirerack so I’m not totally tripping about the front end being all out of whack. I’m anxious to see how the new tires feel but didn’t want to have them installed till I fix the problem. Tires ain’t cheep these days! Back in the day, I had an old Oldsmobile and a new tire for that old POS was around $80 for a good one! LoL

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Follow up: My brother-in-law noticed the cords were showing through the front tires cause the uneven wear had gotten so bad so I had it fixed yesterday. 6/23/19.
Turnout it wasn’t the camber that needed fixing. It was tow. So a $150 later for the alignment and new tire install and she rides better than she did new! Those Firestone’s are bad a$$!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I purchased a set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires for my car last Fall. Just over a week ago, I had the opportunity to drive 4 laps around the 3.4 mile road course at Watkins Glen International. The new tires performed much better than the OEM Firehawk GT all-season tires. The grip was excellent.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I purchased a set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires for my car last Fall. Just over a week ago, I had the opportunity to drive 4 laps around the 3.4 mile road course at Watkins Glen International. The new tires performed much better than the OEM Firehawk GT all-season tires. The grip was excellent.
We had a real heavy rain this morning in Houston and thank goodness I had these Indy 500 installed over the weekend. My car gripped like never before. (Hate to sound like a commercial). LoL
They are very good tires!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts