Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight, MOPAR fam.

1) I've been looking at purchasing some blasting bobs reso elimanator pipes but read on various threads that cutouts are supposedly better. Currently, I have an '06 charger RT (non R&T) with no mods in the engine. I have a magnaflow dual. I've been told that my magnaflow would be louder and deeper in sound with blastin bobs. Would it be more so w/cutouts?

2) If I decided to go with either, would they pass emmissions?

·
Registered
25,912 Posts
Cutouts are designed for show only...
I wouldn't drive around with them open... WAY TO MUCH heat coming out when its open..

The most I have driven with my open as been 3 to 5 mins..
at car shows I let the car run with them open for about 10 mins then shut off for a awhile.

Alot of people will tell ya they run with them open..
But its not a good idea.. VERY LOUD and very hot..

I will say this.. Its a SHOW STOPPER... and a loud scarer at red lights.. hahahhahah

CONTACT 3G Cutstomz...

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
Ditto, new exhaust is a 24/7 mod, cutouts are a blast but mostly just used for a few minutes at a time. Unless you're heavily modded you lose torque from not enough backpressure. At the track last week I tested it out and ran a few tenths slower with them open. But it sounded mean as hell!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, fellas. But what about emmissions?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
WV will not pass you.. go ask my poor brother he has to put his stock system back on his mustang to get a sticker

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
WV will not pass you.. go ask my poor brother he has to put his stock system back on his mustang to get a sticker
That sounds extreme, can't he just try a different station or put the block off plates on for inspection? They've never given me any grief here, they just plug into the obd port and pass me.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Thanks, fellas. But what about emmissions?

I'll let ya know how NJ views them soon. Gotta my car car inspected. Not really sure if I should put the block-off plates on or not.

As for the difference, this is how I see it. I have Zoomers, not a very loud exhaust but it has a nice sound. Could I have gone with a louder exhaust? Yea, but for long drives it would suck with drone, and if I'm driving with other people in the car I like to be able to talk to them without shouting.

Cut-outs were the compromise. They allowed me to have that quieter exhaust for long drives, but when I want to really turn heads, I push the magic button and watch all the eyes gravitate to my car. I don't really ever run them for long periods of time. I tried it once on the highway for about 10 minutes, and when I got off the highway and onto local roads and closed them, my feet were tingling from the vibrations and I swear I everything seemed super quiet after.

It really comes down to what you want, a louder exhaust all the time, or something you can pull out when you really want it. It's not a performance mod unless you're boosted, and defiantly not a mod you use all the time. I think I open them once a week, if that.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Elmo. I am goin to settle for Blastin Bobs 11db resonator elims. Maybe higher? :O. I can't settle for a mod that I only use barely and pay above $350 for it. The pipes would run about $200 and I could use the rest of the money for a different mod.

·
Registered
836 Posts
No problem man. Its not a mod for everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts