Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2021 Dodge Charger SXT AWD
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really like to see pictures of chargers with stripes, of some kind, on the sides. I'm not really looking for the two wide stripes that go from front to back. I would like to see hood decals you may have too. I can't decide if I did get some type of stripes if I should go with matte black?? Then I think is this color too dark and just leave it alone. I once read that the octane red is good all by itself and it doesn't need stripes. But we KNOW it doesn't NEED stripes, right?? haha I know some like silver or grey on this color but I'm not liking that for me. Decisions decisions....

Well if you have time, I would really like to see some pics of your chargers with stripes to give me some ideas. If you have octane red, all the better! Thanks!

· Registered
2,405 Posts
IMO, stripes over the top look good. You could get the lower stripes like the 2014 SRT8 392 edition had. Lots of rear fender type stuff. I put on over the top stripes after 9 years of owning the Daytona. Check out some of the companies that specialize in side or fender stripes. There are many out their and their prices do vary a lot!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Cloud Sky

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IMO, stripes over the top look good. You could get the lower stripes like the 2014 SRT8 392 edition had. Lots of rear fender type stuff. I put on over the top stripes after 9 years of owning the Daytona. Check out some of the companies that specialize in side or fender stripes. There are many out their and their prices do vary a lot!

View attachment 127551
I like those stripes on that white. Almost all black stripes look good on white! It reminds me of my white '89 Camaro that I had years ago. My dad had to slap some bottom stripes on it right away. That gives the car a longer look.

BTW I wasn't saying that the big stripes over the top front to back doesn't look good. It's just more than I wanted. I also wonder what it does to the paint years down the road. Let's say you get sick of the stripes or whatever. When you take them off, I wonder if the paint would be a tick more faded (from the sun) where the stripe wasn't than under the stripe??

Yes there are many places that sell decals, etc. Too many choices!!! I just like to see what other charger owners put on their cars. Thanks!

· Registered
2,405 Posts
On the darker cars like Pitch Black and Octane, the fade is not that noticeable and a simple car polish takes the line out on the ends of the stripe. I had factory black Daytona letters on the rear fenders, the roof was wraped in black and the hood had a decal on it. After 3 years I peeled them all off and you could not tell the difference.

Something to consider is the single stripe over the top off to the side like the "Hemi Orange Package" on the GT. You can get them in different colors.

I did not want large double stripes over the top so I went with 7 inch dual stripes instead of the dual 10 inch that is common. The smaller stripes are also easier to apply. But like said get the 3M stuff what ever you decide.

It is all in personal preference and I would not worry about the fading of the color if you decide to take them off.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant

Reactions: SXTME

· Registered
1,775 Posts
They are OK if painted on and under clear coat.

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On the darker cars like Pitch Black and Octane, the fade is not that noticeable and a simple car polish takes the line out on the ends of the stripe. I had factory black Daytona letters on the rear fenders, the roof was wraped in black and the hood had a decal on it. After 3 years I peeled them all off and you could not tell the difference.

Something to consider is the single stripe over the top off to the side like the "Hemi Orange Package" on the GT. You can get them in different colors.

I did not want large double stripes over the top so I went with 7 inch dual stripes instead of the dual 10 inch that is common. The smaller stripes are also easier to apply. But like said get the 3M stuff what ever you decide.

It is all in personal preference and I would not worry about the fading of the color if you decide to take them off. View attachment 127552
View attachment 127553
That actually looks good on that grey car. See I would never think of something like that. The way the stripes are off to the side. Your car looks sharp too!!

· Registered
2,405 Posts
They are OK if painted on and under clear coat.
Agree, and the quote I got for all parts painted was $3500 with clear coat. Was not about to invest that much on an old car for cosmetics.
The only production car I know of that you can get the stripes painted on with clear coat over is the new Mustang GT 500 and it is a $10,000 option for the dual stripes.

· Registered
94 Posts
I got my side stripes from Esty.com and the hood one from eBay. They are extremely sticky so make sure you take your time putting them on. Line them up with some blue painter's tape as a guide on the top or bottom. Make sure to spray the surface with some soapy water to lubricate the surface so you can move the decals into final position. Then, squeegee all the water and soap out and dry with a soft towel.

· Registered
22 Posts
I put 1/8" prismatic stripes following the character lines on the side of my white 2013. Looked at what the factory had for aftermarket and adapted that to what I chose to do. It's not continuous, but breaks just past the A pillar then takes back up just about 2-3 in. in front of the rear door roughly. Not for everyone, but this has always been a favorite of mine ever since I saw it done following the character lines on a 72 Charger - continuous on that car.

Had a gold 72 and used gold tinted prismatic which worked the same as my current setup with silver on white. At night it was quite nice and added to the visibility of the car. Since it's silver/chrome on white it barely shows except when the sun or other light - like headlamps, street lights, etc. at night - hit it. Like I said, not for everyone but I like it.

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whoops I sent that too quick but those are two types of stripes I kinda like. Not sure which one I like better. I never saw this type of striping before. Thought is was cool.

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got my side stripes from Esty.com and the hood one from eBay. They are extremely sticky so make sure you take your time putting them on. Line them up with some blue painter's tape as a guide on the top or bottom. Make sure to spray the surface with some soapy water to lubricate the surface so you can move the decals into final position. Then, squeegee all the water and soap out and dry with a soft towel.
You should post a pic :)

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry. The ol' lady gave me Covid and I've been feeling kind of loopy lately ! 🤪
I'm liking that bottom stripe too! I have the little louvers on my back window. Mine are a little different. Hope you feel better!! I finally got that crap this past Thanksgiving when I had the whole week off of work and was sick blaaahhhh.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts