Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 2009 Dodge Charger 3.5L SXT and its a whore on fuel, I can't seem to get over 300-350 Km to the tank. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this, because I am getting tired of having to gas up every couple days. I have no mods except my cold air intake, and I am pretty easy on it. obviously I don't baby it, I got 250+HP and I tend to use it. Any suggestions and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.
Grant

P.s I'm still pretty new to this website so I would like to see everyone's 2009, as I would like to experiment more towards my vehicle.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Well, you say you don't baby it, and use the HP; HP uses gas. Have you done two mileage comparisons, one easy driving and one your way?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have compared going really hard on it and going really soft on it and there was literally no difference.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Heavy right foot + heavy car (4100lbs plus whatever you weigh) + measly 250hp trying to move fat ass car + depending on trans (42RLE will get worse mileage than NAG1, but we don't know which one you have) = shit mileage.

·
Registered
245 Posts
One of the big factors is that the older Chargers have a 5-speed auto. The newer 8-speed makes a big difference. Having said that, I have a 17 R/T 345 and I get about 13-15 around town, a little better if I spend some time on the highway (and I can resist flooring it on the on-ramp!). I can get as much as 30 (indicated) mpg on the road if I put it economy mode and stay out of the gas, but I usually drive like I want and get 25 on the road. If you're getting less than that, then you should have got a V8. Like others have said, it's a big-ass car, weighing as much as a truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts