Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to ask... figured this was the best place... is this too many stripes/too pointy?

I just got my car back from the painter today... she's completely naked... no more molding on the doors! Woohoo! - she was repaired/painted prior to me getting it and supposedly the dealer had no idea... so they repainted the whole side of the car at cost.:ura1:
I had to take my stripes off, which sucked, but I already ordered a new set.

Everything else in the render is either being made or on the way or already installed.

The only thing left is to decide how I want the hood to look. I can't decide!! :lam:

Rims are gonna be a while still... I haven't won the lottery yet. heh
Oh and same with the dual exhaust... tho those will come before the rims.

T, hope it's cool me posting this here... lemme know.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I like them both on the white or silver.

·
9,646 Posts
I don't now. I've never been a huge fan of the stripes anyway. It seems a little busy to me. Not that the car doesn't look alright, I guess it just isn't my cup o' tea.

But its your car what do you think of it?

I just went back and looked at it again. I like the stripes in your avatar better.

·
Registered
18,846 Posts
Man, Smoke that is going to be one killer ride. The hood graphic is so freaking cool. I like that way better than the Challenger stripes. The sides are a bit busy, but it's your call, man. Me personally, I would keep the rocker stripe and lose the other. Either way, it is going to be so sweet. Congrats, man!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I love the hood stripes, I don't mind the rocker panel stripe, but I don't like the hip stripe.
Either way, it still looks sweet - and when you get some new wheels it will look even better!

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
I know this is not what you asked, but have you thought about painting the roof black? i like the stripes but for some reason the black strips where the top of the doors and roof meet throw it off for me, anyways thats my $0.02

·
Registered
248 Posts
When I saw the title "Too Pointy?" and saw Smoke was the original poster I was a little scared to come in here. Lets say I scrolled down very slowly in case I needed to hit the browser back button.

I think it looks good Smoke

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the opinions so far everyone. Lots of good ideas! Lots of different ones which is making things even more confusing for me, but good ones nonetheless! lol

Goat, funny you should mention the avatar... that's still an option too, but I found it looks awesome from the front/sides/top... but with the sides they way they are here, it's almost too busy at this angle...

Here's another shot of that option.
I loved it a few days ago... but someone said it's too much black... and it made me think.
I dunno... I keep looking back at it and loving it again... lol
And getting the side mirrors painted silver, it'll change the feel yet again. Dang decisions!!

I do have ideas for down the road as far as full body paint goes... but the vinyl stripes are a whoooole lot cheaper than what I want to eventually do. :D

BrlntBlackSE, ha! Just wait til I go nuts. :dork:

·
Getting back in the game!
37,448 Posts
I like it, Jeff! :TU: Hey, if you get time would you do one with a black Charger and silver stripes? I'm gonna pull the trigger on one of Tommyz hood's tonight or tomorrow. Thanks buddy!

·
Getting back in the game!
37,448 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I think it looks good smoke not over kill at all! But if I may make a comment I think the window vents take away from the lines of the car abit. Especially since you are going to go with the danko front spoiler and the low pro spoiler in the back. JMHO but the rest looks killer!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
07BlackRT, comin' up. Just have to work on this project for a bit.

Utopiapga, agreed... I have thought about taking those off.
But I do love my fresh air - even in the rain/snow... lol

TZ, I tried that combo but there's not enough black then... I know, I'm nuts. :dork:

What I should do is create a mix & match set at that exact angle so everyone could hide/unhide just the options they want (for their own cars)...
I might just work on that. It'll take a lil while though.
It'd be one heck of a huge PSD file too... lol

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
You want honest opinions, right? IMO it`s way too much. All of those points are either taking away from the lines or adding way too much to them. I haven`t figured out which yet but I know I don`t like it.

I would go with a basic hip stripe and the chally stripes on the hood.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts