Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 SRT has ~78K miles and it's my DD. I have some decent mods, but haven't stepped up to the plate on any major engine mods. I would like to make one final mod before I completely settle in.

Mods list worth listing: Magnaflow Catback, Moroso Catch Can, Petty Garage Front Strut Brace, Aria CAI

I would like to get more quickness in throttle response and was thinking about a torque converter. Friend on my just installed the FTI converter on his 5.7 Challenger and loves it. It's not his DD and he's also planning to supercharge it w/in the next 12-18 months, so he and I have different goals. Mine really is to have quicker response w/o having to completely go WOT.

So my question to all of you is, is it worth investing in a torque converter and is the FTI converter what I should be looking at?

I tried searching this forum a little before posting and didn't have much luck w/ results.

All input would be helpful.

·
9 Second Club
22,382 Posts
Well, you stated you want quicker throttle response..... I dont consider a TC something that will improve "response" but put you in a higher powerband for launching.....

A higher stall converter will require more throttle to get the car moving..... Depending on the stall speed and the type of stall you want, if will bring gas mileage down on a DD

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so this helps me w/ the terminology. So not to decrease the mpg, are there things that I can do? I did forget to mention I have the can 93/cai tune for the predator was well.

Bigger throttle body?

·
9 Second Club
22,382 Posts
Ok, so this helps me w/ the terminology. So not to decrease the mpg, are there things that I can do? I did forget to mention I have the can 93/cai tune for the predator was well.

Bigger throttle body?

A Larger throttle body will give you alot more "Snap" in regards to the throttle response. It will be noticeable although you might not gain alot of power if you are fairly stock

·
Registered
176 Posts
The FTI is a custom built converter. They are built with all new parts and reused cores. It is not an off the shelf unit. The nice part is it will be built for your setup and your driving habits. Greg at FTI really knows his stuff and will always take the time to answer any questions.

I have been running a FTI for over two years now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So stepping away from my original question and getting an answer from DRP6982, I've made my decision.

I went ahead and ordered the BBK 85mm throttle body from Speedlogix. Looking forward to the install and seeing how well things go.

Do you think I should plug the predator back in and make any changes, or just keep the canned 93/cai tune as is?

·
9 Second Club
22,382 Posts
So stepping away from my original question and getting an answer from DRP6982, I've made my decision.

I went ahead and ordered the BBK 85mm throttle body from Speedlogix. Looking forward to the install and seeing how well things go.

Do you think I should plug the predator back in and make any changes, or just keep the canned 93/cai tune as is?

I would reinstall the tune which will reset your adaptives.....

you should noticed a quicker throttle response:TU:

·
Banned
1,877 Posts
You shouldnt have to adjust the WOT fuel in the Diablo. Its basicly plug and play.

Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the BBK 85mm throttle body yesterday from Speedlogix.

Installed it this morning and other than waiting for my CAI to dry after cleaning, it took about 20 minutes to install.

Turned the car on, let it sit for 2-3 minutes and seems like the computers have automagically picked up the mod.

Drove it around the neighborhood a little bit, hitting the throttle and trying to play with it a little bit.

Look forward to hitting the road and seeing how it responds.

Thanks guys for your input and to Speedlogix for the quick delivery on the throttle body.

·
9 Second Club
22,382 Posts
Got the BBK 85mm throttle body yesterday from Speedlogix.

Installed it this morning and other than waiting for my CAI to dry after cleaning, it took about 20 minutes to install.

Turned the car on, let it sit for 2-3 minutes and seems like the computers have automagically picked up the mod.

Drove it around the neighborhood a little bit, hitting the throttle and trying to play with it a little bit.

Look forward to hitting the road and seeing how it responds.

Thanks guys for your input and to Speedlogix for the quick delivery on the throttle body.
Did you reinstall the tune ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts