Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing my EP2113 bushings on sunday and need to know what to torque the bolt to when Im done. Anyone?

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Im doing my EP2113 bushings on sunday and need to know what to torque the bolt to when Im done. Anyone?
Not a clue, I usually ask Ed Hawkeye4077 for this info.. He is always willing to help out..

·
Registered
20,933 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kickass, reps! I love the handy poeple.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yes, and it was so much fun trying to reach that torque laying on my back with barely enough room to turn my head (stupid big nose!), let alone swing a 15" torque wrench, lol.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I know what ya mean. I was able to get it to ~100 ft-lbs and I used locktight on it, so I'll check it in a few months and it'll have to do. Stupid torsion torque wrench and the car on ramps lol.

Install wasn't too bad, but how did I ever survive without air tools lol?

·
Registered
629 Posts
You should be fine, double check like you said. I missed what you were doing, bump steer correction bushings?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, the pedders ep2113 bump steer bushings.

I did them and tie rod ends, I had a very bad outer tire wear problem and figured I'd try those two first. New tires in the garage and sometime after that is the radius rod/tension strut bushing.

·
Registered
629 Posts
That's cool, I was pretty happy with the improvement the bump steer kit made. You'll probably be surprised at the difference new tension rod bushings will make as well. I took my car to the dealer with 14k miles on it and told them it was squirrely at freeway speeds and pulled left. They said one of the tension links had a lot of play in it (meaning the bushing was torn, lol) so they put two new one's on and aligned it, big difference. Now, 14k later, I'm pretty sure the left one is tearing again, they'll be replaced with those famous red ones pretty soon.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a similar red bushing in my GTO, they do make a nice difference. I'm not a fan of replacing a poorly deisgned stock peice over and over (it's already had one set of tensions struts replaced when it was under warranty).

I didn't feel a huge difference with the steering bushings, perhaps a tiny bit better steering responce, and a eency-weency better on center feel.
On a side note, do you belong to Club LXoM? If not join there man, lots of nice local people.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts