Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392. Ray Barton forged 392, tvs2300, aluminum ds, to much to list
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about getting a hellcat hood and decided to do something different. Trackspec has a variety of different heat extractor designs depending on application and vehicle type. I went with the universal T1 center hood vent. Took about 3 hours. Pretty simple. Take your time getting template laid out and be careful cutting. I used a cutoff wheel, hack saw blade to hand cut corners, rivet gun, tape measure, sharpie and grease pencil.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Blue Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Paint Road surface Hood
Road surface Rectangle Brickwork Asphalt Brick
Road surface Grey Rectangle Asphalt Fixture
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Window
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Grille Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks great!
Had a 72 Dart show car that had 240 hand-cut 2" wide louvres in the hood and 3 grand of chrome under it.
A cheap shower curtain liner is your friend when washing the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks great and look
Was thinking about getting a hellcat hood and decided to do something different. Trackspec has a variety of different heat extractor designs depending on application and vehicle type. I went with the universal T1 center hood vent. Took about 3 hours. Pretty simple. Take your time getting template laid out and be careful cutting. I used a cutoff wheel, hack saw blade to hand cut corners, rivet gun, tape measure, sharpie and grease pencil. View attachment 124433 View attachment 124434 View attachment 124435 View attachment 124436 View attachment 124437 View attachment 124438 View attachment 124439 View attachment 124440 Looks great and the placement should extract heat from that hot engine.

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392. Ray Barton forged 392, tvs2300, aluminum ds, to much to list
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It turned out better than I expected. Should pull out lots of heat, we'll see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts