Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please Help!I Have A 2010 Dodge Charger SXT & While I Was Driving I Had Trouble Accelerating And The Steering Wheel Felt Like It Was Locking Up I Tried To Continue On To My Dads House But The Car Wouldn't Move. My Traction Control Light Along With My Check Engine Light Started Flashing. I Turned The Car Off And Tried To Start It Again But It Wouldn't. It Made The Sound Like It Was About To.When I Let The Key Fob Go It Still Tried To Start But Nothing Happened Just A Weird Starting Noise. I Ended Up Pushing The Car To My Dads And Putting A Code Reader On It,The Codes Were po123, Po113, po108, & po2017. I Don't Know Much About Cars. I Called Oreilys And They Said Something About A Fuel Pump Or Mass Airflow Sensor.. Thanks In Advance!!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
P02017 is an invalid code. The powertrain codes have 4-digits after the "P" (e.g. Pxxxx). The other correction is the 3.5L V6 engine in your car has a Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor rather than a Mass Airflow sensor that is in a GM or Ford.
Post the actual P02017 code to help complete the list. The other codes are legit and indicate the sensor output voltages are too high. The PCM (powertrain control module) sends a 5V supply signal to the sensors to power the sensors. The sensors send an output signal back to the PCM. The sensor ground circuit also goes to the PCM. The PCM uses the sensor output signal to determine what actions are needed to control the engine. If the PCM can not determine the throttle position, manifold pressure and intake air temp it will go into fail-safe mode (shut down).

P0123-THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH
P0108-MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH
P0113-INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH

Check the wiring harness/connectors between the PCM and these sensors. Check the ground wires/connections between the engine and the chassis. The power steering is hydraulic in the 2010 Chargers but it's on the serpentine belt along with the alternator. Check the serpentine belt. Test the alternator and main battery.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Probably meant p2017 .... short runner code.

From the sounds of it, with these codes wiring is the most likely the culprit. Hopefully not a rodent caused issue.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Normally flashing trouble lights would mean not to continue driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts