Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here, not new to Mopars though. I have a 2014 AWD pursuit package. Using the traction control button to turn off traction control, I still get ESP kicking in more often than not when I launch the car, seems to be limiting my 60 foots to 1.9ish. This is even when it's not spinning the tires. Anyone else have this issue and how did you overcome it? disabling everything via diablo etc that kills the ABS kills the AWD, so that is not an option. Wondering if this car is a freak or if all of the AWD have to overcome this issue?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I personally don't have issues like that....I used my Diablosport and Tazer to kill TC from start-up and mine doesn't act up at all. It is said though that the TC built into our cars are only killed like 60% of the way through the button...to eliminate it fully, you would need to use handheld tuner or a Tazer.....I'll look into this further...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Just curious, my AWD V8 brothers, what is the advantage to turning off traction control? One thing I love about AWD is putting power down to all four tires at launch. Less time spent spinning than RWDs, better take-off. I've never turned off the traction control. Isn't that the point of AWD? I'm sure I'm missing something, as I am far from an expert. Not intending to be argumentative, just genuinely wondering.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just curious, my AWD V8 brothers, what is the advantage to turning off traction control? One thing I love about AWD is putting power down to all four tires at launch. Less time spent spinning than RWDs, better take-off. I've never turned off the traction control. Isn't that the point of AWD? I'm sure I'm missing something, as I am far from an expert. Not intending to be argumentative, just genuinely wondering.
Sometimes the traction control is a hinderance. In my case, It's ruining the launches. I have a cammed 392 in my AWD, with a 3600 stall. Makes 480ish hp and tq to the wheels. It hooks and books, but it leaves so hard even with traction, the traction control seems to think I'm spinning and kick in, and limits me to 1.9ish 60 foots at the track

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I personally don't have issues like that....I used my Diablosport and Tazer to kill TC from start-up and mine doesn't act up at all. It is said though that the TC built into our cars are only killed like 60% of the way through the button...to eliminate it fully, you would need to use handheld tuner or a Tazer.....I'll look into this further...
are you saying you use the "automatically turn off traction control" feature of your tazer? or are you doing it on the diablo? when I turn off traction control via diablo, it defaults to RWD even in force AWD mode. The auto kill traction option doesn't even work right on mine. It'll glitch, I have to hit the button to turn it off.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
are you saying you use the "automatically turn off traction control" feature of your tazer? or are you doing it on the diablo? when I turn off traction control via diablo, it defaults to RWD even in force AWD mode. The auto kill traction option doesn't even work right on mine. It'll glitch, I have to hit the button to turn it off.
Yeah, on mine it's labeled "Traction Kill - On/Off" in the main menu of the Tazer when car is running, and yeah, mine doesn't trip out the AWD sys! That's strange that yours does that, but then again, there have been issues with these Tazers and the build quality of them...It should completely kill the traction upon start-up and be able to still engage AWD

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, on mine it's labeled "Traction Kill - On/Off" in the main menu of the Tazer when car is running, and yeah, mine doesn't trip out the AWD sys! That's strange that yours does that, but then again, there have been issues with these Tazers and the build quality of them...It should completely kill the traction upon start-up and be able to still engage AWD
Are you talking about the mode that is the same as pressing the button? or the mode that kills ABS and everything? Just hitting the button I still have AWD, but ESP still kicks in. If I turn it off to the point where ABS etc are off, then I lose AWD

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Are you talking about the mode that is the same as pressing the button? or the mode that kills ABS and everything? Just hitting the button I still have AWD, but ESP still kicks in. If I turn it off to the point where ABS etc are off, then I lose AWD
Yes, the mode essentially will permanently disable the complete traction control upon start up each time, and is not like pushing the button (only 40-60% eliminated), but you can half-way disengage it again by pushing the traction button, but again, it's a setting in the Tazer unit.

On my car, when this is engaged, even in AWD mode, it will still brake traction when I turn hard while accelerating like a RWD car. Now I do turn this feature off with the Tazer in these months where we get snow here.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, the mode essentially will permanently disable the complete traction control upon start up each time, and is not like pushing the button (only 40-60% eliminated), but you can half-way disengage it again by pushing the traction button, but again, it's a setting in the Tazer unit.

On my car, when this is engaged, even in AWD mode, it will still brake traction when I turn hard while accelerating like a RWD car. Now I do turn this feature off with the Tazer in these months where we get snow here.
That's interesting, almost like the SRT style button behavior, which I'd love to have. Do you still have ABS functioning in this mode? What version is your tazer? Mine is a 14 too, wish mine would work like that.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
That's interesting, almost like the SRT style button behavior, which I'd love to have. Do you still have ABS functioning in this mode? What version is your tazer? Mine is a 14 too, wish mine would work like that.
Yes, I still have full ABS function, and it's the last release prior to the current one (with the window down mod) which I can't update to as my Tazer had a faulty mini-USB port that Z-Automotive wanted to charge $50+ to fix, and wouldn't stand behind their product...but that's a different story! You could try to update to latest firmware or locate a different Tazer that someone has for sale...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts