Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to do my own service on my 2015 SE AWD. I want to change the trans fluid & differential fluid.

Do I go with Mopar fluid/gaskets or what is typically recommended? Wix filter and Valvoline synthetic for example?

Any tips or is it straight forward?

TIA

·
Registered
74 Posts
Whatever brand of trans fluid you go with, make sure it is a synthetic comparable with the Mopar ZF 8 & 9 speed (NOT ATF+4), and use a good quality trans filter. I believe the diffs call for 75W90 (check your manual), and I'd look for a good quality synthetic.

Just note that when changing the trans fluid on either the older NAG1 5 speeds, or the newer 8 speed ZFs, there is NO trans dipstick. You will need to get one (Amazon, Mancini Racing, and others sell them), PLUS go by a trans fluid temp chart (Google it) and have a means to read your trans fluid temps (scan tool, OBDII reader) to insure correct levels. Diffs are usually pretty straight forward - fill to bottom of fill hole.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Make sure you see if you can remove the fill plugs first. Sometimes they are a horror story. If you drain it first and find out you cannot remove the fill plug its not fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts