Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got my 2008 dodge Charger SE a month ago, the car was soo smooth with me with no problems, and i even checked the car and they said everything is great.

2 weeks baq i had a Transmition shifting problem, most of the time it doesn't shift probably.
i sent it to the Dealer 2 days ago, they called me yesterday saying that the problem is the Front tiers are bigger in size than the rear one, as the front tiers size are " 265 * 55 * 18 "
and the rear once are " 255 * 60 * 18 "

now i don't wanna go change the tiers and then i'd still have the problem and i'll have to pay lots to fix the transmition.

Please guys let me know as i want to fix this thing today or tom Max

Thanks alot

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
What year is the charger and how many miles are on it? How long have the tires been mismatched?

Welcome to the Z!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Is your car AWD?

I am not a mechanic but I have heard of different size tires causing transmission (differential) issues.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Tomorrow...when everyone wakes up, someone will be able to help you with specifics. MangoBill or jontoad will be of more help if you shoot them a PM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok guys, here what happened today, i went to the dealer and asked him to try 2 tiers from another car so i can try it, they told me we already did that yesterday and it's working perefctly, and they asked me just to go get 2 new Continental Tiers " 225 * 60 * 18 ".
i got 2 new Tiers and went baq to them as they asked me so they can program the vehicle again as they said. after all, am still having the same problem and maybe even worse.
it was already too late as they were closing so they asked me to visit again tom.
not feelin good abt that!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so that's it guys ? i need somebody to help pls
i really started to hate the car coz of the bad shifting problem.

any1 advise me pls

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes that's one problem only, and when i asked the dealer abt it, they said this knock is normal in all the charger 08, 09, 10
but i've other knock outs in the other shifts as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts