Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, hoping for some guidance here...2011 RT with 40k miles.
Went to the track today and experienced and issue with the transmission (I think). I launched and when the car shifted (2-3 I believe) it was like it was like it extremely bogged and lost power for a second then shifted and took off again. I had this happen a couple of times in the past when merging or when I accelerate hard. Those times it was on downshifts. Same thing. Lost all power then kicked down and took off. Subsequent shifts are fine. Under normal part throttle situations I haven’t experienced anything like this.... Normal downshifts and up shifts. It’s almost like extreme slipping but I don’t think the RPMs shoot up like I would expect with slipping. I have a Tranzformer shift kit but this happened before I had it too so I don’t think it’s the issue. Also not getting a CEL or anything.

Also, I have this vibration that feels like it’s coming from the wheels. This seems like it’s a wheel balance issue but now I am thinking it may be related ... like a torque converter or something. I had the wheels balanced and still have the vibration and it seems like it’s getting worse....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought a used 1972 dodge charger ( roller) and I am going to be putting in a 440 engine with a 727 transmission, I am having trouble finding a Transmission bracket can someone help me out. I have the engine mounts I just need the mount to hold the transmission.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts