Dodge Charger Forum banner
3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  340X 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 Dodge Charger SXT and she’s been doing me good her whole life and now out of nowhere she just isn’t shifting into second. I’ll be driving down and as soon as it comes time to shift the engine just revs up and i have to slow down so I can stay in first and keep it moving. It gets extremely annoying on highways especially but I have a cat back exhaust too so driving in town in first at 30 mph is annoying everyone too. I tried pulling PCM fuse (number 18) which was labeled as PCM Diesel under the fuse box. <- suggested by someone else and that did nothing. Anyone have an idea what else I could do? I’m all ears

#2 ·
5-speed or 8-speed transmission? Plug a scanner into the car's OBD2 port and see if any codes are logged.

#4 ·
You may want to take it to a shop or auto parts store that has a scanner that is capable of reading all codes just to be sure, as not all of the cheaper DIY scanners can read all codes. I will say that when my 5 speed NAG1 had shifting issues in my Daytona, it was an input speed sensor that was failing.

#6 ·
This sounds more like its stuck in "Limp Mode". This means that it's stuck in 2nd gear. This is usually from a transmission issue. In my experience, you usually end up with P0700 &/or P1745. I would check the transmission fluid level first. Cheap and somewhat easy. There is a certain process to that involving s Chart and temperature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.