Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 R/T. I’ve been having a weird shifting problem lately. Upon accelerating from a dead stop, the shift from first to second is not very smooth, you can feel it pause in between gears, almost feels like it slips momentarily before kicking into second.

It is way more common in the mornings when the car is cold, but also do it randomly even after driving for a while and fully warm.

I’ve spent hours searching and found a few people with this problem, but no one has come up a conclusion on what’s causing it.

I disabled hill start and also disconnected battery for 20 minutes and still happening.

Car has 3,000 miles. Bought it new
Any thoughts? Thank you

·
Registered
993 Posts
I guess I would check the fluid level as they are supposed to be critically sensitive to it. Get that out of the equation anyways.
The car only having 3k miles maybe the adaptive logic needs more time.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have a 2016 A8 and a 2018 A8 and both have the cold first shift of the day manners you describe .after the first shift they are normal.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Don't know if this is an answer but something you can do "if possible because you'll be driving " write down trans temp, coolant temp when it does it and keep a log. Might show something might show nothing be good to have a log of info

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I would check the fluid level as they are supposed to be critically sensitive to it. Get that out of the equation anyways.
The car only having 3k miles maybe the adaptive logic needs more time.
How would I check that? These don’t have dipsticks right?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know if this is an answer but something you can do "if possible because you'll be driving " write down trans temp, coolant temp when it does it and keep a log. Might show something might show nothing be good to have a log of info
I’ll try, but it’s been doing it since day one when the weather was cool, and now when the weather has been 105+ daily. When it sports mode, it’s even worse. Every time I come down to 1st gear when slowing down on sports mode, it feels like I get tapped in the back by a car

·
Registered
343 Posts
you can get a dipstick anywhere [Rock Auto]...transtemp is critical....you can read it on gauges.....find a chart online that tells fluid level at proper temp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts