Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Charger RT Max. 70,000 Miles.

When I am going in reverse and there is some resistance (Up a hill/driveway etc..), when I first give it some gas (from being stopped to get moving) I get a loud grinding noise for a second, that goes away once the car is moving. Sounds like it is coming from the transmission area. I can also replicate the noise by backing up to a small (1.5" high) curb, and then trying to back over it, the car makes the noise and struggles to get over it but does. Is this normal at all? Any idea one what the problem would be?

Also. Sometimes, From a stop, is I give it WOT (and the tires hook up) I will get a 1/2 second of a groaning sound noise from what I would expect to be the rear differential. This does not happen all the time, probably only 1 out of 20 WOT launches. Any ideas on this? Not sure I would replicate it to a dealer / service shop, since it doesn't happen that often.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Are you sure it's not a heat shield vibrating under load? I've seen that happen often and can be an easy fix.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure it's not a heat shield vibrating under load? I've seen that happen often and can be an easy fix.
That could be a possibility. That has happened on a car I owned in the past (However, it would just rattle all the time, nothing to do with being under load). Ill have to crawl under there and see if it is loose at all.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Just a thought.. i've seen it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts