Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in my 300 touring when it was in auto-stick I could go through gears 1-4 and the next being back to regular auto. Now in the charger I can go through gears 1-5 and then back to regular auto? What is the difference?

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
In the Charger, if you hold the stick to the right for 2 seconds, it will automatically put it back into D, regardless of which gear you are currently in

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sounds like you got a Predator tune with auto up-shift disabled in the charger. Disabling auto up-shift will give you gears 1-5. If you didn't put this tune in, then you should find out what tune is installed and use the correct octane, or you can damage your car.

The difference is.

Stock: When you select a gear you might not be in that gear, but the car will auto up-shift till it reaches the gear you have selected. You can select 4th gear at a stop, but your still in 1st, and the car will auto up-shift when need be.

Auto up-shift disabled: I believe whatever gear you select your in. You can not select a gear past 2nd from a stop.

I think that's what the difference is. If I'm wrong please correct me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the Charger, if you hold the stick to the right for 2 seconds, it will automatically put it back into D, regardless of which gear you are currently in
I understand this. My question is if the transmissions are the same then why did only 1-4 show on the cluster & D when put back into auto in the 300 but in the charger I get 1-5 on the cluster before returning to auto?

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
So in my 300 touring when it was in auto-stick I could go through gears 1-4 and the next being back to regular auto. Now in the charger I can go through gears 1-5 and then back to regular auto? What is the difference?

Sorry. couldnt resist.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
you werent asking a math question......the difference between 1-4 and 1-5?

Seriously though...I've never heard of that. I've got a friend with an '05 300 I'll see Monday and I want to see that. I thought they were the same too.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I get it now. Tried to change gears at a red light on my way home from work but couldn't shift past 2nd. Not sure if it will up shift on it's own but it does return to 1st when you stop.

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
What year was the 300 vs the Charger ?

I think my 05 Magnum only did 1-4 and then back to D for overdrive

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
charger & 300 are both 2007

My best guess would be the difference in the built dates.... maybe one just had an older software version....

it should be the exact same tranny if they were both 5.7Ls

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My best guess would be the difference in the built dates.... maybe one just had an older software version....

it should be the exact same tranny if they were both 5.7Ls
The 300 was a 3.5 and had the W5A580 transmission, build date was 5/11/07. I'll have to check on the charger.

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
The 300 was a 3.5 and had the W5A580 transmission, build date was 5/11/07. I'll have to check on the charger.

Oh, I didnt know that. I thought the V6s came with a 4 speed tranny

·
Registered
440 Posts
Your 300 had a D your Charger has a 5 thats all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts