Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Charger RT. It is in limp mode now, bcuz I have a couple of codes on it. I've had the TCM checked, I put fluid in it, & I've also tried to reset it & it still won't work. Is there anything is i could do before taking it to the shop?

I have a pic of all the codes

Attachments

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Nothing you can do. The shop will need to run diagnostic tests on the transmission is determine the root cause of the problem. Several of the codes are related.

P0700 = there's a diagnostic code in the TCM
U0100, U0121, U0103 = TCM lost communication with these modules for 500ms. Probably when the TCM went into recovery and limp-mode.
P0730, P0733, P0735 = either a "no shift" operation occurred or detected gear is not the actual gear. These diagnostic codes can also occur because of other codes.
P0657 = solenoid supply voltage to the TCC (torque converter clutch) is supplied by the TCM. If a major system fault is detected, this supply voltage is turned off by the TCM to ensure that no solenoids are active.
P2784 = speed difference between the transmission Input Speed Sensors is greater than 150 RPM.

The shop can look at freeze-frame information, etc... to attempt to determine which diagnostic code occurred first and which codes are a result of the first code. Sometimes there's a cascading effect where several codes occur because of a single problem. They can also run diagnostic test to hopefully recreate the problem and see what function/component is failing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts