Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering is anyone had any input on my situation. Basically I’m having the trunk ajar indicator come up even though my trunk is fully closed and latched properly. Key fob works fine as well as the switch in the car. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The switch that controls the trunk light and dash indicator is usually in the latch. Check that it is connected and that the switch is working properly. You should be able to to this with the trunk open, just use a screwdriver to close the latch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I opened the trunk engaged the latch to what would be the closed position by pushing it with the screw driver, however the indicator on the cluster still showed trunk open. I’m thinking a loose wire. Now are the connections in the black box next to the latch? Basically beside the emergency release? Or do I have to take off the fabric?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update- Took apart the trunk lining to access the latch switch, unplugged and replugged it and cleaned off a ton of build up/dirt on the ground. Little bit of rust as well sanded it right off and that seemed to have done the trick. Thanks for the help guys really appreciate it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Update- Took apart the trunk lining to access the latch switch, unplugged and replugged it and cleaned off a ton of build up/dirt on the ground. Little bit of rust as well sanded it right off and that seemed to have done the trick. Thanks for the help guys really appreciate it
Awesome . Glad it worked out for you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts