Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sub is making my trunk rattle like crazy is there any way to stop it ? Need Help PLZ

·
Brick killed a guy!
2,733 Posts
Sound deadner is the best way, alot of it out there..dynamat, hushmat, etc,,go with one of those and that should help your issues.

·
Registered
826 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I filled all the voids in mine with great stuff expanding foam from home depot. The sound deadening just didn't kill the rattles. If you do be sure to get the non hardening type for windows (blue can) not the red or it will expand and harden which will possibly deform or cause damage to the metal. Also be sure to just do a little at a time or it can take forever to completely dry. I then covered it in sound deadener.

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Great-Stuff-Window-Door-Straw/dp/B0002YX97K/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1286028039&sr=8-5[/URL]

·
Registered
733 Posts
My sub is making my trunk rattle like crazy is there any way to stop it ? Need Help PLZ
Can't see the video from my work internet. Do you have the sub facing in or out towards the trunk? Box ported or sealed?

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Damn that video was funny. My trunk will be doing the same in a few hours.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I get all my sound deadener from a company called Second Skin (www.secondskinaudio.com). They make amazing products and the customer service is second to none...i'm not just saying that. It's a bit pricey, but you absolutely get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I would definatley dynomat it, my friend had his spoiler posts crack from his subs, and now he has to get a new spoiler and dynomat. Best to do it now before something like that happens.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
if you gave two jl subs, will it rattle even with dynamat?

Brand doesn't matter its based on several factors. Dynamat can only help:TU:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Brand doesn't matter its based on several factors. Dynamat can only help:TU:
lol brand with sound deadening matters though. Dont get Dynamat, its poor quality for what you pay. Look into eDead or SecondSkin.

·
Registered
25,912 Posts
I have a rattle with one sub.. Not that bad with normal listening..
But when I turn up the volume.. YEAH.. it rattles.. I heard that Dynamat helps control the rattling ALOT.. but you will stil have alittle bit.
Haven't gotten around to do my.. I don't need that much.. Keon maybe you want to go half and half on a roll.

·
Registered
63 Posts
do you guys have dynamat on ur trunk lid? if so, is there a way to cover it up so it doesnt look so tacky when people are looking at my trunk?

·
Registered
513 Posts
When I installed my sub, I made sure to dynamat the crap out of the shelf (which does not rattle now).

What DID rattle even with just an 8" DVC and 170 watts was the licence plate, which I matted the rear of and is now all set.
I used Fatmat, which is cheaper stuff. I think I paid $20 shipped for 10 sq. feet. It stuck like the dickens though and really killed the vibes since rear deck mounting will produce a ton of rattles, and I'm 95% rattle free (middle seat belt will rattle sometimes, but it's in the design and no way to fix it). For the price, the FatMat is killer.
(link to pics of my deadening)
[url]http://www.chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=111314[/URL]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts