Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked up a bottle of this stuff today..i only tried it out on the roof console it seems to work awesome and is everything and more that people are saying it is...but im not sure if id wanna do anymore things inside my car with it...the stuff has a nasty smell..smells like bad armpits lol :i_rolleyes:

I mainly got it for detailing the engine bay even at that i'll be gagging while applying it...lol asside from that i think its gonna work great on the plastics under the hood:TU:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm. never heard of it.

Take some before and after pics for us.
I will take some before and after pics so you can see the difference...it wont be for another 3 months at least once the spring gets here again.

I just discovered this 303 Protectant too...i was poking around on the net and stumbled upon detailers talking about it...have a look on you tube for it its some pretty amazing stuff...i guess its good for even your plastic headlight housings so they dont oxidize and go white over time..this stuff was formulated for aircraft originally...you can use it on anything..even your plastic lawn furniture that always gets brittle from the sun...this will prevent all that too apparently it has UV protection. I cant wait to use it...lol :TU:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I will take some before and after pics so you can see the difference...it wont be for another 3 months at least once the spring gets here again.

I just discovered this 303 Protectant too...i was poking around on the net and stumbled upon detailers talking about it...have a look on you tube for it its some pretty amazing stuff...i guess its good for even your plastic headlight housings so they dont oxidize and go white over time..this stuff was formulated for aircraft originally...you can use it on anything..even your plastic lawn furniture that always gets brittle from the sun...this will prevent all that too apparently it has UV protection. I cant wait to use it...lol :TU:
It's good stuff. A little pricey but worth it. I also use it for my hot tub cover. If you have a boat definitely worth it. I cringe when I see people at the lake slabbing amourall all over their boat.

·
Registered
14,955 Posts
I've never used it but have heard good things about it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea...its great for boats...i cringe when i think of anyone using armour all on anything...lol

This stuff is supposed to be like putting sunblock on all your black trim and rubber to keep it from fading or turning white....and its supposed to prevent clear plastic from clouding and turning yellow like some headlight lenses do after a while....i even heard you can use it as tire dressing...i dont know about going that far cause it is a bit pricey for that...lol

I cleaned my weather tech mats last Sunday and applied the 303 Areospace protectant and they look new again and its supposed to repel dust and oil and salt and everything...its gone a week now and they still look new..oh and it doesnt feel greasy because this stuff is water based...i cant wait to detail under the hood with this stuff...lol:TU:

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's weird about the smell. I have used it for a while and the bottle I have doesn't have almost any odor at all. Kind of smells like the meguiars interior cleaner. Maybe you have a skunked bottle? =)

I love the stuff, I feel like it protects really well and I do my entire interior (at least the plastic stuff) just make sure to wipe it off real good before it dries or it will streak really bad

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's weird about the smell. I have used it for a while and the bottle I have doesn't have almost any odor at all. Kind of smells like the meguiars interior cleaner. Maybe you have a skunked bottle? =)

I love the stuff, I feel like it protects really well and I do my entire interior (at least the plastic stuff) just make sure to wipe it off real good before it dries or it will streak really bad
lol..i guess it will smell different to different people...some are more sensitive to odours than others i guess...to me its borderline chemical smell/offensive odour...lol I heard someone describe it before as being like "old man body odour"...lol and thats about the best description i can give it too...lol but it seems to work great tho..and i have no doubt it would work great on the interior but because i dont like the after smell i will restrict its use to exterior trim and engine bay detailing....lol:gy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts