Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the tubular k-member prototype that is almost done ...

Thoughts and input welcome!!
:beerchug:

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
So is this going on the chally, charger, or mustangs?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the great feedback, guys!! Here are some pics of the prototype in a Challenger SRT8.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
hmm, lemme guess . . . Dan's gonna be the guinea pig for the Charger version?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*** Update ***

We plan to have the k-member without the sway bar mounts ready for production in the next 7-10 days, so if you want one without the sway bar mounts, please post here so I can get a count of how many will be in the first batch. After we get this version into production, the guys can resume development to add the sway bar mounts and we'll release that version TBD.

For anyone wanting to have the tubular k-member w/o the sway bar mounts in time for ATCO, we will be able to deliver to you in time to have it installed. Also, for those running at ATCO, I'll be personally offering a discount on this as a Speedlogix sponsored car, so I'll provide details on that once pricing is out as well.

I know pricing is the next question and REM is working on that as they wrap up the production design, and as soon as we know I'll post here. It's going to be very reasonable and in line with what high-end tubular k-members sell for in other applications.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're getting somewhere ... just got an update from REM who is building these for us ...

20 lb lighter than stock!!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Installed ...

Price and ordering information to follow!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an update!! :)

The k-member is in final production as we speak ... well, as we type. It has gone through FEA testing at an OEM level, to be sure it meets OEM standards for strength and crash testing, etc. The design was adjusted along the way which did cause some of the delay, but the wait is well worth it due to the incredible testing that was done and approval it now has.

We will have the first 13 available for order sometime this week, so stay tuned to this thread for the price and link to order. I will also be able to post pics at that time, of the final design, and it looks terrific. Both the drag race (no sway bar mounts) and street performance/road race (sway bar mounts) will be available.

Thanks for your support and patience.
Lisa.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are some pics of the final design of the new k-member. Now it's off to powder-coating!!

Pricing and post-coating pics to follow!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here are some pics REM took of the factory and tubular k-member. The factory k-member 36.5 lbs. The road race version is 16.5 lbs, for a savings of 20 lbs and the drag race version is 15 lbs, for a savings of 21.5 lbs.

Factory k-member:

Tubular k-member:

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Awsome! I need to get one of these before the stroker gets put in!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
What does the K member do? Well even though I dont know its real purpose it still sounds good to knock off 20lbs

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awsome! I need to get one of these before the stroker gets put in!
Yeah, this is the time!!

What does the K member do? Well even though I dont know its real purpose it still sounds good to knock off 20lbs
In addition to the weight savings (which is a big benefit for racers as getting weight off the front end is super), you gain access to the headers and engine from underneath which makes life easier. Also, now that this is done, the future is wide open for customizing it for alternative steering and control arms, etc.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
When will these be available? How much?

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
This will get us even closer to that 50/50 weight ratio, once this is installed and the car is in full dress is there a chance to have the car weighed to see how it is on the ratio.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Im game. How much???

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is a pic of the powder-coated finished product!! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts