Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my slightly used Diablo sport DCX intune 1000 here on the Z from the for sale section, and with the help of member xRico, the guy I bought it off of...all I can say is holy sheet!!!:wow::wow::wow: My car,It's alive!

This thing has unleashed the power of that V-6, and that's just a 91 octane canned tune! My new exhaust sounded good before the tune, now, man it sounds deeper, meaner than ever, it is really cool. I can't wait to get my CAI installed next weekend!

So many things it can do, you can adjust the parameters and adjust your idle, adjust your transmission shifts firmness, wheel size, tire size, rev and speed limiter unlocks, and my favorite, throttle boost!!

Anyone that's thinking about getting tuner, I say stop thinking and get one! I have always wanted one for previous cars, but was too chicken to drop the cash. IF you can get a used one like I did, buy it! V-6, HEMI,doesn't matter, you know Dodge has kept some HP locked up inside your cars PCM, let her loose!!

I will say, it is a little scary while tuning you car, as all kinds of warnings and stuff are going off, but it's because the tuner is re-programming everything to be better! I can feel the power and the throttle response, and it is really awesome! I just hope I can keep calm enough while driving not to get any speeding tickets now...

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
^^Awesome brother, would like to hear a video of the before and after of the exhaust if possible.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^Awesome brother, would like to hear a video of the before and after of the exhaust if possible.
I will do that! Probably wont be able to until this Sunday though. I have current vids on my you tube channel just search Mike beers charger exhaust. I have a stock cold start and more with my new exhaust Before the tuner

·
Drive it like u stole it!
4,819 Posts
Congrats! I'm interested in what kind of numbers your car will put down after you get your intake installed. With the everything stock, they say you can expect an extra 15 hp and 20 tq. Wondering how much more you can get out of the car with an exhaust, intake and custom tune!

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Awesome bro! I totally want a Tune for XMAS...lol

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Congrats! I'm interested in what kind of numbers your car will put down after you get your intake installed. With the everything stock, they say you can expect an extra 15 hp and 20 tq. Wondering how much more you can get out of the car with an exhaust, intake and custom tune!
Thank you everyone for the compliments! The intune is a pretty awesome tool for sure!
On the 91 tune I installed, on diablo's website, it says 13hp gained and 15 foot pound of torque, and the airaid CAI claims to add an additional 10 hp and 14 lb-ft of torque, not sure how accurate that is, that is probably UP TO that much, so I may not really gain all that,but with that, I am looking at a potential right now of 23 hp gain, and 29 lb-ft of torque over stock, not counting any gains that my exhaust may have given me.

So, I am looking at least 315hp and 289 lb-ft torque, not too shabby I would say! If I can get a custom tune, after I install my CAI, I am sure I can squeeze a few more HP and torque of that V-6!

I saw you other post, and didn't' want to keep bumping an old FS post. I would say, it depends on what you want out of your car. The great thing about a tuner, is you can reset it back to stock anytime.

You also can adjust for tire/rim size, it adjusts your parameters on your trans, well at least for the 5spd anyways, not sure if the 8 spd is supported yet.

If anything, it is fun to play with and see how your car responds. I had bumped up my idle in drive and neutral from the stock 600 rpm's up to 850 rpm's, but I didn't care for it so I reset the idle back to 600 for both. I think my exhaust sounds better at idle at the lower rpm's anyways, even though it did sounds good with the rpm's bumped up too.

I saw someone selling a Diablo Trinity tuner in the FS section for $400, those retail new for $599 so that good. It's on the challenger side of the forum

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd like to share the same enthusiasm as you if the post office ever delivers the [email protected]#king thing to my house now that it's a week late!!!! Congrats man.
lol, sorry man, but it is worth the wait!
I had to restore my tune back to stock tonight:(

ONLY because I have to take it to the dealer tomorrow to have the passenger seat adjuster replaced,it's defective, so I didn't want to take any chances of them checking the computer for updates or anything and find mine modified, and try and void my warranty! I am thinking, I might install the stock modified tune, as we are going on a short trip Saturday, over the river, and through the woods, to grandmothers house we go! To see if it will help with gas mileage, but after that, it is back to the 91 octane tune!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Big congrats on that.. Now for the FAQ... how is the drone with the reso delete. ? And what pipe size did you go with.?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Big congrats on that.. Now for the FAQ... how is the drone with the reso delete. ? And what pipe size did you go with.?
Thank you! And...the drone is not bad at all, a little from the 1000-2000 range, and on a cold start in the morning, you get some because it's cold, but once it warms up the idle drops and it's fine. On the highway way at cruising speed, you can't even tell in the cabin I have an exhaust! BUT, give it some gas, and you will hear the exhaust, but no drone. Driving through tunnels and underpasses is allot of fun now, lol...vrooooommmm!! and you hear the echo, its awesome!
And I stayed the stock size, 2.5 single in and 2.5 dual out on the muffler, and 2.5 pipes to the tail with the stock tips.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Word. ? Everybody keeps telling me my pipes are 2.25... Either way I'm debating between dynomax and flowmaster. ?. Thanks for the post

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Word. ? Everybody keeps telling me my pipes are 2.25... Either way I'm debating between dynomax and flowmaster. ?. Thanks for the post
The guy at my muffler shop told me the flowmaster would be louder than the dynomax, and with the reso delete, I didn't want it to be too loud, as I don't want un-needed attention, if you know what I mean.
And I am not sure about your pipe size, maybe they changed them for the 13 models to 2.5. If you do it, make sure we get some sound clips!
Listen to my drive away exhaust here
http://youtu.be/PLOKnGRrF0Q

A drive by, sounds pretty cool
http://youtu.be/dN5nj75f3lw

Reactions: RenoRob

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
Congrats on your newfound love for Diablo! Amazing how much it can wake the car up!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on your newfound love for Diablo! Amazing how much it can wake the car up!
Thanks RenoRob! I had to take the car to the dealer today to have the passenger seat adjuster replaced as it was defective and not locking in place properly, so I restored the tune back to stock...man oh man could I tell the difference!:mad: That spongy pedal was back that I hate so much, and I cannot wait to re-tune her again! And thanks for the reps, appreciated!

·
Registered
447 Posts
You know what they say, without a pic or video it's a lie :))) hahahahsha joke.
Post some pic from the aftermarket parts,
Or post video from the sound.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts