Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yall, i have 19 rt daytona, and wanted to increase its power a bit, even though i really shouldnt and i probably dont need to since i still past about 90% cars on road, but still crave it.

What are your thoughts on diablo i3 tuner and pcm swap, i cant find legit dyno results for people who did it, so idk if its worth that 675 dollars. If anyone has it for their 5.7 AND would like to share their opinion ill gladly hear it.

Also would the pcm swap be detectable, ill of course return the car to stock before dealership, but pcm?

Tbh i just want to make it over 400 hp, i know it has around 377 hp and 400 tq due to daytona package, saw it on a website somewhere, so i dont really need a CAI i feel like it. But i also seen stock rts dyno for over 400 hp to crank, not wheels.

thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just got an 19Rt, I’m looking to get as close too 400hp as I can. I’m excited to see what people recommend, I heard the pedal commander is awesome, and a tune but not positive which tune to go with.

Thanks for posting this up!

·
Registered
25 Posts
May want to wait till the tunes for the 19’s have been out a little while before you go putting unproven stuff on your PCM. H.P. Tuners just released the files for the 19’s on 6 March. Not enough time for me to put unproven stuff in my new car. Gonna wait till bout November then give it a go.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Just got an 19Rt, I’m looking to get as close too 400hp as I can. I’m excited to see what people recommend, I heard the pedal commander is awesome, and a tune but not positive which tune to go with.

Thanks for posting this up!
Pedal commander doesn't increase power, it eliminates lag between your foot and the throttle body making the car feel more responsive. The tunes however do increase a little power based on current conditions. The stock tune is just that and works at any elevation, any location and operates in a window to make the car run right. Custom tune looks at current condition and optimizes that for more power when the car is completely stock. Its torque management and shift point adjustments that are primarily changed that make you feel like you've got more power more than the actual power increase you get from the custom tune. With that said, to pick up 15-25hp without a single bolt on item is pretty good.

When you start adding superchargers, turbos, header swaps, cam swaps, gears swaps, then a custom tune will you see major increases.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Get a dyno-tune. He will optimize "your" air/fuel ratio and peak timing, throttle response, shift points and firmness.
He will most likely recommend you install a 180°F thermostat. He would then adjust your fan(s) accordingly, you will have to run 93 octane.

Dodge doesn't leave much on the table to pull out of these cars, they did pretty good with the power as is and give them universal mannerisms so everything from a teenager to a granny can drive the cars.

You may only gain 10-15HP & TQ but it will drive and feel like 25.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts