Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a DiabloSport Intune I-1000-DCX for my 2013 Dodge Charger RT. I really don't know much about tuning so, I let my buddy do it. He put the 93 Octane tune on. He didn't realize that I had 87 octane fuel in. So once I drove it for a couple days I took the tune off and went back to my original settings. My car isn't running the same. The gas mileage has went down to 12 to 13mpg. I know this computer chips in the cars are pretty high tech. I heard that they will eventually go back to normal. How long does that take???

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hope you get it sorted im waiting for my intune to arrive for my 12 R/T

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
No need to pull fuzes. Make sure you have the original tune loaded on the car. Disconnect the battery in the trunk for 30 minutes and do some spirited driving if you want to leave it stock. "OR" you can load up the 87 tune with the gas you have. That tune takes out the torque management and allows you to adjust the parameters, you just do not get any hp/torque increase with it. (Make sure you have all the updates needed for the DCX) But the 87 Diablo tune should work for you until you put in better gas for the 91 or 93 tunes.

This is a bad time of year for some places getting gas, with the winter blend.

·
12,897 Posts
Welcome from Las Vegas.

Also, in addition to the above, Chrysler recommends running 89 octane minimum even without a tune.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everybody for the input. I will give it a shot. Im waiting to do the tune on my car because Friday I'm installing BBK LT headers and high flow cats. Then I'll put on the 93 octane tune.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Thanks everybody for the input. I will give it a shot. Im waiting to do the tune on my car because Friday I'm installing BBK LT headers and high flow cats. Then I'll put on the 93 octane tune.
If you are installing long tubes and HF's you might want to get a custom tune to really get the gains out of it. Do you have a CAI on it already? If interested in a custom tune with your mods Johan (Diablotoona) is one of the best. He takes donations from $100-700 depending on the mods.

[email protected]

There is a big difference in performance with one of his toons and they are safe!!

Good luck with the install. You doing it or paying someone? It is a PITA and you may know this already but just in case: use the OEM manifold gaskets, not the ones that come with the headers. Stage 8 locking is also recommended so you can be assured that you will not have to re-tighten the bolts again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Mopar CAI. My buddies are doing it. One is a mechanic and the other worked for Dodge. Will my car run fine if I decide not to get it custom tuned right away??

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I should run fine, but you will not see the gains that most get with long tubes and HF's. The long tubes give the 5.7L a good bump in hp/torq.

You may get a code with the BBK setup. I did with my mustang gt and had to get the O2 sensors turned off. It is a toss up with BBK on whether or not you will get any codes. But you need a custom tune to turn the rear O2 sensors off if you get the codes. Also the remote start will not work if you have any codes in the computer.

Good luck with the install and if you do not get any codes you will be good to go with the 93 octane canned tune. If you get the codes, then contact Johan for a custom tune and get the sensors turned off.

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
Originally my tuner had the rear O2s turned off to avoid CELs but this last go around he was able to tune it to pass emissions with them on.

·
Dave
3,633 Posts
Welcome from Las Vegas.

Also, in addition to the above, Chrysler recommends running 89 octane minimum even without a tune.
Manual for my R/T says 89 is recommended, but 87 is fine.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Good news! Now were is the sound clip? LOL No codes I hope!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 dodge charger rt going to put LH with catted mid pips.How long can i have the diablo in-tune i3 tuner 93 octane Tune.Their bbk lh and bbk mid pips.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts