Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on my way home just relaxing not paying any attention when a Toyota Celica comes by creeping up on me. As it slowely goes by he gasses it and I hear his turbo's make that noise they do when you shift the "ssspppphhhhh". I'm thinking hmmm. I look at the rear and see a big ol fart can. Single fart can. I tell myself o.k. Al no worries, should be a big deal right. Now at this point I've been babying the car. I've been way to cautious, as I still haven't gotten a custom tune yet.
Well anyway he pulls up in front of me and what do you know makes the turn the same way I'm turning.

It must be fate.... RIGHT? :4-dontknow:

We line up at the next light, he knows somethings up as he keeps trying to toy with me. I look over give the nod, we wait for the light I hit the ESP button, and keep it in "D". Don't konw what happened but I took him right from the line. Don't know if he had a bad start or what but I do know he was trying to catch up, I slowed down thinking he quit but heard the fart can trying. Anyhow I came up on my turn and headed off. As he finally caught up he tried to throw in a rev as I kept turning and heading home.
I was hoping for something a bit closer with that turbo spool up but he was just no match.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Good kill bother!!!!! Reps!

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Sounds like you took the youngster to school. If it was a late model Celica GTS, it only had a 1.8L engine, so he had no torque off the line. Even if it was turboed' he'd have to get it spooled up to have a chance. Sounds like you were long gone at that point.

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
Lmao! You took off while he was still waiting to spool up! Can't you powerbrake to make them spool at the line for the launch?

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Nice kill, but unless he was highly modded which I doubt, they are not that fast even with a turbo he's a mid 14 second car... I am not by any means trying discourage the kill, just filling you in on why you creamed him..

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Lmao! You took off while he was still waiting to spool up! Can't you powerbrake to make them spool at the line for the launch?
You're assuming he knew how to drive. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts