Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to get the Charger state inspected today and it failed because the OBD "wasn't ready". Neither I nor the used car dealer I bought it from a month ago disconnected the battery nor did any electrical work on the car. Some members say that if the check engine blinks after 10 seconds of turning on the ignition means that the car needs to be driven more trips to make the OBD ready. Mine is blinking so that may be the case but I've driven it more than 400 miles in multiple trips in the past month. Also, the used car place said that since the car has a Whipple supercharger with a new aftermarket PCM that the oxygen sensors may have been turned "off" making the car fail the inspection. Does anyone know how to access the PCM and see if the oxygen sensors are turned on or is this something only the Dodge dealer can do ? Any suggestions would be appreciated ?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sounds like you need to get with the tuner who set up your PCM and see what he can tell you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The obd scan tool has lights that say if Its ready for test or not, it goes by ignition cycles. But if a tune is blocking inputs or even giving it fake readings that could also be what's triggering it. Might be worth checking codes or even running the trial version of alfaobd to see what sort of readings are coming out of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, specifically the OBD said that the "fuel system", "catalyst", and "oxygen sensors" are "not ready". I checked with a tuner in NH who says that possibly the catalytic converters may have been bored out and the O2 sensors removed, I looked under the car when I changed the oil and the cats are still there but I can't tell if they've been bored out. Also, I did not see any O2 sensors at all. It looks like where they should be have been plugged up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts