Dodge Charger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
does anyone know how to fix the clips for the radio bezel... i got it done at best buy and they did a horrible job and now my clip holder for the radio bezel are broke at the top and it sticks out

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok I have read the tutorial multiple times and I see it says I will need the 70-6502. But when I search online I see that it is for 2002-2007, I drive a 2010. I googled and see there is a harness 70-6522 for 2007 and up. Im pretty sure I have the 4 speaker system with no amp. Anyone else have a 2010? Im going to order the metra 95-6511 side spacers to fit a double din 7" screen. Also going to order the euro to motorolla antenna adapter because im planning to put a single din headunit down where the ashtray is. So can anyone chime in? thanks!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nice write up bro! I had no idea that some chargers come with a factory amp, I hope the charger I get wont have one. I will be looking at this post again when it comes time to install my 2 din radio that I have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok I have read the tutorial multiple times and I see it says I will need the 70-6502. But when I search online I see that it is for 2002-2007, I drive a 2010. I googled and see there is a harness 70-6522 for 2007 and up. Im pretty sure I have the 4 speaker system with no amp. Anyone else have a 2010? Im going to order the metra 95-6511 side spacers to fit a double din 7" screen. Also going to order the euro to motorolla antenna adapter because im planning to put a single din headunit down where the ashtray is. So can anyone chime in? thanks!
anybody? im building a in car pc. need to order parts asap. thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2010 with the 4 speaker system (no amp) and the 70-6502 did NOT work for me. I got the 70-6522, and it does indeed work. You still need to grab the accessory power from the cigarette lighter, which is not difficult if you can wire (soldering is the best).

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks, I haven't had time to play around with all years and trim lines of each charger so thanks, I'll be sure to add that the info for the 70-6522

·
Registered
19 Posts
No problem. Might wanna add also that it doesn't have a dimmer lead.

On that note, any idea which color wire in the radio harnesses is the dimmer lead?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
There isn't a wire in the harness for dimming so I believe that the dimmer is handled via canbus. The PAC modules spit out the dimmer output for decks along with other canbus controlled wire outputs. There's a white/purple (? or purple/white) in the passenger kick panel that is the positive parklight wire for the vehicle, hooking up your head unit's orange/white to this wire will dim the deck when your parklights turn on.

Most double DIN aftermarket decks have an auto dim that is "created" by the built in Navigation so you wouldn't need to hook up the orange/white to anything, it will auto dim at a certain time when the nav decides that it should be dark at this time. That is another option.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, i figured there wasn't a wire for it in the harness.

My next idea was going to be to grab the dimmer from the light control panel over there. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
My next idea was going to be to grab the dimmer from the light control panel over there. Thanks for the info!
Be careful with this, our Chargers use one wire for multiple applications. The headlight switch dial actually adjusts different levels of resistance to tell the vehicle's computer what to activate, all on a single wire. Also called a "Mux" system. For example, when you turn the switch to parklights it isn't simply putting 12v on a "parklight" wire. It's putting a ground signal through 1,000 ohms of resistance. On this same wire when you turn the switch to headlights it is now putting a ground signal through a different ohm level. The computer can tell the different resistor values apart. It's basically a basic data line. This is all at the switch though. From there it feeds into the computer at a fuse box, and since the physical light bulbs in the headlights and tail lights don't speak "mux" it has to be converted to the analog signal, which leads you to the following...

The only way to get a + Parklight wire for dimmer control is in the passenger kick panel, there's a White/Purple wire in the harness of wires. It will switch to 12v when the headlight switch has been switched to parklights. This line feeds the rear tail lights and other then the rear or front fuse boxes it is the easiest to acquire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just hooked up a Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD. I was more concerned about the wiring then anything else. So once got the sucker running I started putting everything back in place. That's when I realized the unit was too tall for the opening. Any ideas what I might be able to do?

Edit: I have a 2010 Charger SXT, 4 speaker system, 3.5L

·
Brick killed a guy!
2,733 Posts
the deck won't fit, do you have a nav bezel and kit.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I have a 2010 with the 4 speaker system (no amp) and the 70-6502 did NOT work for me. I got the 70-6522, and it does indeed work. You still need to grab the accessory power from the cigarette lighter, which is not difficult if you can wire (soldering is the best).
I have a 2010 as well.

I just bought the 70-6502 harness from Amazon. It stated 07 and up 4 speaker... The 70-6522 just states for '07. I'm ordering both to just make sure. I'll post back up with which one worked for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The 6502 didn't fit my charger, (2009 SE 2.7), it was too small and not the same shape as the factory plug. So i got on the computer to look at the PAC adapter but it is the same shape as the 6502 so i'm lost...

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey guys I need little help...

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger SXT, and I am now 90% sure that I have a 6 speaker boston system. I do have speakers on top of the dash.

I am buying this AVH-P3300BT - In-Dash 2-DIN DVD Receiver with 5.8" Widescreen Touch Display, USB Direct Control for iPod®/iPhone®, and Built-In Bluetooth® | Pioneer Electronics USA

I bought this harness Metra - XSVI 12V Interface for Select Vehicles - XSVI-6502

but is the one that I need? Or do I need a different one?

I am trying to gather everything that I need before I try and go ahead with installation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 as well.

I just bought the 70-6502 harness from Amazon. It stated 07 and up 4 speaker... The 70-6522 just states for '07. I'm ordering both to just make sure. I'll post back up with which one worked for me.
Hey guys, I just wanted to point out I have a 2010 SXT, and the 70-6502 did not fit. Thanks to this suggestion on these forums, I got the 70-6522 and it fits perfectly. It seems odd that they would have different harnesses for the same vehicle, but it appears they do. If anyone else gets frustrated after buying the 70-6502, there is hope. Good luck!

41 - 60 of 95 Posts