Dodge Charger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 08 charger thinking about buying the kenwood ddx418 in a week or so.. I was wondering since I have an 08 if I needed an navi bezel or can I use my bezel with a dash kit? Thx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dodge Charger SXT 2010 + metra chto-03 + AVH-P3300BT

howdy ho everyone !

sorry to bother you with my question ( and problem ) but im really lost...
i have a Dodge Charger SXT 2010, the bezel fit all good, headunit is installed but theres ONE PRETTY WEIRDO PROBLEM ..

If im IN PARK position, the music play well no cut or anything
if IM IN DRIVE MODE, whenever i press the gaz break or whatever, the music stop ! ( the headunit stay powered ) its only the sound that break. sort of if a CD was broke .. ( but it is not im listening to a usb key AND the antena do the exact same thing ! )

RECAP :

Dodge Charger SXT 2010 6.1 factory oem amp
Headunit : Pioneer AVH-P3300BT ( no gps or nothing )
Wiring Harness : Metra CHTO-03

thank you for your future help. im ... really lost lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 08 charger thinking about buying the kenwood ddx418 in a week or so.. I was wondering since I have an 08 if I needed an navi bezel or can I use my bezel with a dash kit? Thx
Same radio I wanna get too..

I have a 08 and was thinking about doing it myself just not sure about the parts needed...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have installed my double din but now the radio is worse than the stock stereo. The channels aren't clear and there is a lot of static even though I bought the antenna adapter. Did I install something wrong? How can I fix this annoying problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks

Just wanted to thank you for your excellent tutorial. Based upon your good work, I had the guts to do my own install this weekend and it worked out well (although I think the instructions from PAC-Audio for their adapters could be better). I would not even have tried without this thread. I am far far from an expert; in fact, I consider myself technically challenged. Nevertheless, my new Clarion CX501 looks great and sounds great in my 2007 Charger R/T. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know where to hookup the aftermarket reverse gear wire in an 08 Charger SXT??? I have rever camera hooked up but can't find where to hook deck wire up to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I've installed 2 dash speakers in my base 4 speaker w/o amp charger, will the 71-6522 harness give me a way to send audio to the dash? From the wiring diagram for the harness, I see outputs for the door speakers and rear deck, but not for the dash speakers.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a Pioneer AVIC F910 BT and was considering putting it in my 2006 Charger R/T. The Charger has all factory options (I think) except for Nav and DVD.
It has Sat, 6 disk, factory amp, steering wheel controls, uConnect.
1 - What all is REQUIRED to get it in the car? (bezel, trim, harness for amp...)
2 - Can I keep factory steering wheel controls (I believe so with can bus adapter)
3 - Can I keep factory uConnect? (I doubt it) or can I connect to the factory mic at least?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info.. I have a single DIN old flip out Jensen deck but im probably going to upgrade before i buy dash / wiring kits... Next step is figure out trunk specs to build a custom box for my 15" l7

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi all Im new here! One quick question I have a 2006 charger se no amp, i wired the red wire from the after market deck to the accessory wire but for some reason that wire is hot even when the car isnt own, thus my radio stays on, and advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
wiring question

First off it was an excellent write up, definitely helped alot. However, I do have one question/issue I am needing some input on. My charger is an RT, but has the very basic audio system with no factory amplifier and 4 speakers, so I was able to use the cheaper Metra wiring harness. I installed a Kenwood double din unit that can also play DVD's. When I try to play a DVD, it will play the audio but will not show the video. I know this is because of safety issues with not displaying video while the car is moving. My question is where exactly is it that I should hook in the parking sensor wire that comes from my deck in order for it to display video?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
so I have a question. I have a 09 police charger. I have the most base stereo the charger got. looking around I see a number of harnesses that can-bus connections. does anyone know what they are for? I see a lot of harnesses for '09s have a positive and negative can-bus. if I don't do anything with these what is the outcome?

·
Registered
633 Posts
an update: I have a 2010 dodge charger SXT with no amplifier in the position that is stated. I had to use the PAC 80.00 kit on mine. Make sure you take your old radio out first and check. Mine is wired up for navigation as well yet I never had it. Also I installed a Tview double din. This unit is to big and you will have to shave down your bezel. This is becoming a total pain in the ass.

·
Registered
10 Posts
migig + Uconnect question 2006 Boston stereo

the install pics and info here are awesome. I want to upgrade my 06 Daytona with Boston system to mygyg, I believe I need the RER Low speed? If I do this, for bluetooth connectivity it looks like I need the uconnect harness and module as well?
If that is the case the $1000+ I will need to spend is looking prohibitive. If I do aftermarket, what adapters and harnesses do I need to enable use of factory Boston Amp and steering wheel controls? TIA!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Kenwood DNX7190HD

Have been reading a ton, going to go aftermarket and units like this are what I _would like_ to use. Are the harnesses and steering wheel control adapters out there to make this work? Boston audio group 6 speakers are what the thing has now.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have a 2011 SE 6speaker set up 4.3, I want to add some subs and amp can I just add the pac C2a-chy5 Amplifier Intergration interface and then run my amp and subs? Complete noob at audio please explain thank you. Also will i lose any functions to my radio afterwards?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm going to be installing a kenwood DDX470 into my 2008 sxt with the base 4 speaker system. My question is about the satellite radio. Since the head unit is satellite capable and the antenna in my car already receives xm signals, would i need to install the satellite antenna and tuner, or could I just plug the tuner into the unit, and have everything work?
Thanks in advance for any help, and great write up.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts