Dodge Charger Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I realize that I should have read more thoroughly, so you can ignore my last comment, but this one is relevant. The links for the adapters aren't working for me. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem or not.

P

·
0 Posts
Question about aftermarket deck install with VES

Hi, I've been sifting through many different threads and have not come across one helping with my issue. So I have an 08 Srt8 Superbee with my gig nav and the kicker upgrade. I have ordered the interface modules, steering wheel control module, dash kit and antenna adapter and I will be installing a JVC nav system. I haven't found anything on how to make the rear dvd screen integrate with the new system. Is there anything out there for this or will it just be useless?

·
Registered
20 Posts
First of all, I co-sign with EVERYONE who said this was an excellent write-up!

:TU: :TU: :TU: :TU: :TU: :TU:

Here's my dilemma. I've been re-reading the section that applies to what I have and what I want to do:

===============================================
FACTORY RADIO BEZEL AND SIZE
For: 2006-2007 Chargers​
===============================================
In 2006 and 2007 there are two styles of factory head unit.

The "Half moon" style. Where the two knobs on the sides of the radio make it so that the factory bezel has half moon shapes cut into the rectangle opening. This style of factory head unit will not accommodate a double DIN head unit. If you're wanting to put in a Single DIN head unit (common size, non nav, non video deck) then you can use the factory bezel and would only need a Metra 99-6507 to fill the difference between the factory radio and the aftermarket single DIN head unit.

The other style of factory head unit in a 2006-2007 Charger is the factory navigation. It is larger then a single DIN and the bezel that comes in vehicles equipped with the Factory Nav (aka REC Nav) will accommodate an aftermarket Double DIN head unit (double the height of a Single DIN head unit) The opening is rectangular and with the aid of a Metra 99-6510 you can put in either a Single DIN w/ Pocket or a Double DIN head unit.

If you have the half moon style radio and are wanting to put in a double DIN, you need to purchase a factory navigation bezel, widely available at your dealership, wreckers, or even in the B/S/T section of your friendly neighbourhood ChargerZ forum.

Many people have cut up their half moon style bezels to Double DIN but are never satisfied with the end result. Save yourself the time and hassle, and just get the factory navigation bezel. It looks much better and fits better too.
I have an '07 SXT with the factory radio, and I'm ashamed to say I don't know what speaker system is installed. I've been on Crutchfield's website and every time that drop down appears asking about the speaker system, I don't know what to select. :4-dontknow:

I want to replace the factory radio for two reasons:

- I want to have a head unit with Bluetooth so I can pair my smartphone and use apps like Milk, Google Play Music, Pandora, etc. to stream music to my radio.
- I have a SiriusXM subscription, but the factory radio stops at channel 180-something, and SiriusXM has added many channels past that point to their lineup. I cannot access them with my current radio, so I want a new radio that can.

So, now the question becomes - which head units (single-DIN or double-DIN) can I purchase?

Well, I was all stuck on single-DIN based on the original write-up, but Crutchfield says that for my model Charger, there is a dash kit that will completely replace the "half-moon" dash kit and allow for a double-DIN head unit.

Crutchfield recommended the Metra 99-6519B dash kit:

Curious to know if any "half-moon dash" Charger owners have given this a try...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Metra kit in silver, you pay a lot less than OEM. There are small issues with it, but I couldn't see paying $130 for a plastic piece. Fit is good, I replaced the stock clips on the Metra.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aftermarket Stereo will Not Turn Off with Vehicle

I am having a similar issue to StarKiller. My aftermarket stereo will not turn off after wiring the deck's harness to the lighter. I have a Pioneer DEH-9800BT Deck. Followed all your suggestions except I used a Scosche CR02B wire harness. Any help would be appreciated and thank you for the write up.

IF A FACTORY AMPLIFIER ISN'T PRESENT:
You can use the Metra 70-6502 Harness. But instead of wiring up the Red 'Switched Accessory' wire from your aftermarket head unit to the 70-6502 you will need to extend it and attach it to the Red/orange wire located at the cigarette/12v plug next to the ash tray and below your radio bezel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed my new radio with C2R-CHY4 and its a 2006 Dodge Charger RT with stock amp so after i installed its working pretty good except the sub doesn't seem nearly as loud and mainly i can hear like hissing (white noise maybe?) in the background even on my radio's main menu if i turn the sound off/mute it it fixes the sound problem. If say i pause a song it still makes the sound. I checked the ground cable and it wasn't that. It happens even with the car off so i figured it's not the alternator sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Answered some questions I had thats for sure. Does anyone know where I can get a set of headphones for the back. Car only had one set and they are broken in half.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks so much for this post! So helpful. I have a 2008 Charger and the Metra 70-6522 was the correct wiring harness for my vehicle. This probably depends on which stock radio is in your car. I recommend you pull yours out and look at it before ordering your harness. Realistically it only takes 10 minutes to pull out the old radio.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hate to revive this, please forgive me.. seriously great info in here. I have an 06 RT, 6 channel BA per build sheet, and 99% sure I have an amp (honestly sounds like I have 6.1 too..). I'll check for sure tomorrow. I was just wondering if I needed another harness besides the PAC one, to work my steering wheel controls. If I did lose my steering wheel controls, do I only lose the audio ones, or all of them? I don't care much about volume as I forget it's there 90% of the time anyway, but I'd like to keep everything working as much as I can.
When I fill a cart on crutchfield (for example), the harness they suggest bypasses the amp. Am I bypassing or using the amp with the PAC harness? The HU I'm looking at obviously has an amp in it, is it using the internal amp or the external amp for power?
It's a pricy endeavor, hoping to only buy stuff once.
Let's muddy the waters even more now, it looks like the PAC website has an remote input plug for the factory unit. Anyone use it? I'm really hoping to get Bluetooth, but that would be a plan B.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.
I just intsalled a 2 din player in my car with the Metra 70-6502 harness as i dont have an factory amplifier. But i am not getting any sound from my left speakers, when i turn the EQ all the way to left i can hear a weak sound. But is as not as it should be, checked all wires seems fine.
Does anybody have any clue?

Im adding a picture of the harness of the player, i all colors are connected to the Metra 70-6502 correct.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was wondering where a 2007 with the factory satellite receiver gets its extra satellite antenna signal from. There is a reciever on the roof above the rear deck. I'm installing an aftermarket Sony deck that's satellite ready and want to use that functionality.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts